I can’t quite believe where the time has gone, but this article is the 500th one I have published on my blog.
Back in March 2009 I was researching the use of social media inside organisations and decided to create a blog to share the content I found, give my views and appeal for other communicators around the globe to point me towards information that would help me learn.
That desire to collate, create and share remains the purpose behind my blog today.
I wrote an article on my blog’s birthday a couple of weeks ago on what blogging for five years has taught me and shared my top blogging tips. Feedback shows readers found it useful, thank you to everyone who got in touch.
To mark reaching this 500th article milestone, I thought I’d rummage through the archives and share some of my favourites from over the years.
They are a mixed bunch in terms of topic, writers and timescale, and I hope you enjoy them.
I don’t think I’ve ever written any top 10 lists, so here goes…
My top 10 guest articles
- The introverted revolution in internal communication – a personal refection on being an introvert, by Helen Deverell
- Comms reflections from the Middle East – by Nada Enan
- Organisations don’t tweet, people do – by Euan Semple
- Marry, Date or Dump? Advice on tone of voice – by Kim Borrowdale
- How to communicate the DNA of an organisation – by Andy Johnson
- From BBC to IC… an insider’s view – by Mike Ramsden
- What a noisy gibbon can teach comms pros – by Emma Edwards
- Why invest in an enterprise social network? – by Virpi Oinonen
- Disney’s secrets revealed for comms pros – by Wendy Jordan
- Strategy in action – the Vodafone way – by Padraic Knox
Plus an added bonus, because it’s one I reference a lot and like – Why blog or Tweet? An NHS leader shares his view – by Dean Royles.
The most popular articles
- How to write an internal communication strategy
- How to create an internal comms strategy from scratch
- Who’s using what for internal social media?
- How to conduct an internal communication audit
- 300+ social media policies and examples of social media guidance
- Yammer Time – everything I’ve published to date about using Yammer
- A proud day to be an IC pro – an overview of #thebigyak 2013
- Engaging for Success in Italy – a look at my talks in Rome
- How Coca-Cola shared a Coke with its employees
- Secrets of award-winning intranets
Some of the extra and popular pages on my blog
- Rachel’s Resources – a bumper crop of resources about all things IC, social media and engagement
- Books – that I’ve contributed to, recommend, plus my annual Amazon reading lists
- Internal communication glossary
- My About Me page plus portfolio and press, speaking engagements and awards
- Hire me – about All Things IC
- Listen to my internal comms podcasts
- Endorsements of my work
- Blogroll – other blogs I enjoy reading
- New to my blog? See my new here page.
You can read all of the guest articles I’ve published via this page, my thanks to everyone who has written for my blog over the years.
National Blog Awards
I’ve been shortlisted as a Finalist in the UK National Blog Awards 2014 PR, Marketing, Media and Comms individual category.
Thank you again to everyone who voted for All Things IC. I’ll find out in a fortnight what the judges’ final decision is, and am proud to represent our industry in the awards.
Thank you as ever for stopping by,
Here’s to the next 500 posts!