- This event has passed.
Spring Forward Conference
24 May 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are proud to present our inaugural Spring Forward Conference in Bristol, aimed at women (with men warmly welcomed as well) who are ready, or want to be ready, to take the next step forward in their career.
Spring Forward will take place at the Watershed; an inspiring location right in the heart of Bristol, with good access via public transport, nearby parking and great food and refreshments available throughout the day.
We will have a mix of keynote speakers and workshops as well as the opportunity to take part in some focus groups; exploring the issues of culture, confidence and choice. There will, of course, be plenty of time for networking.
We hope you will leave feeling confident, coached, supported and encouraged to achieve your goals.
You will hear from speakers who may surprise and inspire you – our aim; for you to leave thinking: ‘if they can do that…I can’.
You’ll meet inspiring women, who like you, are trying to make it all work.
You’ll gain some top tips on how to get that job role, that promotion, that board position.
You will have the option to take part in focus groups and help inform our white paper: The C Words for women and the board room: culture, confidence and choice.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Karen Boswell OBE – Global CEO and Managing Director – Hitachi Rail Europe.
- Nathalie McGloin – female racing driver paralysed from the chest down; she races a hand-controlled Cayman
- S in the Porsche Club Championship, competing against able-bodied men.
- Sarah Wait – Director of Forward Planning Services at Kantar Media and Middle Warden of the City of London Company of Public Relations Practitioners.
- Mel Bound – Founder and CEO of This Mum Runs.
There will also be a panel from organisations encouraging more diverse boards, including:
The Cabinet Office – talking about public appointments
Claire Emery – talking about school governing
tbc – talking about charity trusteeships
tbc – talking about commercial NED and Directorships