I’m an avid listener of the weekly podcast to learn about the latest happenings in the world of communication and technology.
I host my own show on the For Immediate Release (FIR) network, called All Things IC, but was delighted to be part of the main show.
I’m taking a break from my podcast while on maternity leave with my five-month-old twins, but it was good to get back on the airwaves for this one-off appearance.
You can hear the show here:
Shel called me from California via Skype at 9pm my time, and we recorded show #811 focused on “The state of internal communication.”
Neville’s first show off, welcome Rachel Miller — host of All Things IC — as guest co-host, new interview with Netvibes’ CEO and head of marketing has been published, Digital India will join the FIR Podcast Network lineup.
- BBC inadvertently Tweets about the Queen’s ill health during an “obituary rehearsal,”
- JPMorgan is dumping voicemail,
- Alton Towers theme park criticised for horrific roller coaster crash,
- US Federal Trade Commission will hold publishers accountable for deceptive native advertising,
- Media Monitoring Minute from CustomScoop;
News That Fits:
- The state of internal communication: Is it still viable as an independent function? Will it ever go mobile? Why isn’t “small business” embracing it? What values should be at internal communication’s core?
- Listener comments from the FIR Podcast Community on Google+;
- The end of the manel (all-male panel)? as IBM’s Andrew Grill gives up his seat on a conference panel to a women who asked why no women were on stage;
- Dan York’s Tech Report: linking FIR’s Book Reviews to a Pinterest board, EuroDIG, Google+ Collections; Igloo Software promo;
- The last week on the FIR Podcast Network; a look at Social Media Examiner’s 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report;
- Music from Mr. Blotto; and more.
Books I mention in the show are:
Organisations don’t Tweet, people do, a manager’s guide to the social web, by Euan Semple
Writing on the wall – the first 2000 years, by Tom Standage
Exploring internal communication, by Kevin Ruck.
Links to the content in this episode are on Delicious.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself, thank you to Shel and Neville for inviting me to participate.
Happy listening! As ever you’re welcome to comment below or Tweet me @AllthingsIC with your thoughts and comments.
Post author: Rachel Miller.
First published 8 June 2015.