Been involved with a cracking internal comms campaign or initiative this year but have an empty awards cabinet?
Now is your chance to have your hard work recognised by your peers as the #InsideStory awards from the CIPR Inside is open for entries.
CIPR Inside is the dedicated group for internal communication pros as part of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations, @CIPRInside. This is the third year the awards have taken place and I think the 2015 ones reflect the evolving nature of our profession.
I was honoured to be given the inaugural Clare Latham award for Best individual contribution to internal communication in the 2014 awards.
It was fantastic to see all the teams and individuals celebrating their successes together earlier this year and see lots of familiar faces, plus of course meet lots of new ones too.
The #insidestory awards are your opportunity to have your work analysed by industry experts. I think the celebration night is well worth attending, even if you’re not on the shortlist, as it’s a great chance to network with your peers and meet like-minded professionals.
I know lots of IC pros are looking for new roles at the moment – nights that like are perfect to have informal chats with companies you like and people you respect.
Here are the categories for 2015:
- Best example of employee engagement
- Best change communication campaign
- Best public sector or charity campaign
- Best internal event
- Best use of video
- Best intranet or enterprise social network
- Best digital magazine or newsletter
- Best print magazine or newsletter
- Best in-house team (1–6)
- Best in-house team (7 and more)
- Best agency
- Clare Latham award for the best individual contribution to internal communication
The process of submitting your entry and paying for it has been made simpler. Just email your award entry as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will acknowledge receipt of your award entry. Once payment is received your award entry submission is complete.
See the CIPR Inside website for full info for each category and what needs to be addressed.
Dates you need to know
- Deadline for entries: 21 November. £85 + VAT to enter
- Late entries: 21 – 28 November. £105 + VAT to enter
- You’ll know if you’ve been shortlisted or not by mid-January 2015
- Celebration night: Thursday 26 February 2015 at the Weston Roof Pavilion, Royal Festival Hall, London.
How to enter
Full information can be found via the CIPR Inside website including more info about entering, timings, criterion and much more.
Want to know what to expect?
Take a look at this video from the 2014 awards:
- See my comms calendar to discover what awards are around for comms pros to enter
- See my awards page
- You have until Friday to enter the Institute of Internal Comms’ 30 under 30 contest.
Best of luck if you decide to enter and share your inside story.
Post author: Rachel Miller.
First published 6 October 2014.