Associate Director of Communications, NHS Digital
Job Reference: 00529
Closing Date: 7 January 2018
Salary: £79,415 – £100,431
Employment Type: Permanent
Profession: Communications & Marketing
Hours Per week: 37.5.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director of Communications who will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction to the teams delivering marketing campaigns, media relations, social media delivery, internal communications, publications and events.
About the role
This role is part of the senior leadership team within the Communications Directorate at NHS Digital, working with the Director of Communications.
- Provide excellent leadership and coaching to the communications team.
- Ensure the communication function has the right structure, staff and skills to deliver against our business objectives, in line with the Government Communication Service Modern Communications Operating Model.
- Deliver our communications strategy, ensuring there is an effective planning and prioritisation process in place for communication including insight development and evaluation.
- Deputise for the Director of Communications and work closely with system partners in the delivery of communication.
- Manage and ensure delivery against the communication business plan and communication improvement plan being accountable for financial performance and demonstrating value for money.
- Manage the Communication Business continuity plan and operational response in a crisis.
The role will ensure the team delivers high quality, professional advice to the business, operating within the framework set out in the NHS Digital Communication Strategy.
Relevant specialist degree in communications or equivalent senior, professional experience.
Evidence of ongoing professional, management and leadership development.
Membership of relevant professional associations for example Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
Significant experience of leading and managing communications teams in a senior communications role in a complex public, private or voluntary sector environment.
This assignment opportunity is available at our Leeds office, although there will be a occasional requirement to travel to our London offices.