Head of Internal Communications and Engagement, Civil Aviation Authority
Job type: Full Time
Closing date: 8 October, 2017.
Are you a strategic internal communicator with experience of operating within an integrated, multi-disciplinary communications function?
Do you want to be at the centre of how a complex and highly respected organisation communicates?
If you are looking for a position with large potential for growth, then look no further.
You will have the opportunity to:
- advise the CAA on internal and transformation communications, and devise and implement proactive communications and engagement programmes
- develop and implement internal communications and engagement strategy
- advise CEO, Communications Director and board-level directors on internal communications and engagement opportunities and approach
- drive awareness, understanding and engagement with the CAA transformation programme
- lead on the development and implementation of a new intranet site
- work with the Communications Director to continue the development of the Communications Department, with a focus on integrated communications, content and channels strategy and effective general management.
- Passionate about strategic communications.
- An effective planner who can build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships at all levels.
- Able to write and implement comprehensive, strategically sound, integrated communications plans for both proactive and reactive projects and present these plans and activities to internal stakeholders.
- Expert-level experience and knowledge of internal communications and staff engagement best practice.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels on communication issues.
- Highly proficient writing skills for the preparation of internal messages to achieve the right positioning on sometimes sensitive issues.
- Familiar with best practice on employee research and experienced in delivering research projects.
- Experienced line manager with proven skills in developing staff.
- Wider communications experience outside of pure internal communications.
- Experience with significant transformation projects and major change communication.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is the UK’s specialist aviation regulator. We ensure the aviation industry meets the highest safety standards; protect consumers by making sure they have choice and value and are treated fairly; drive improvements in airlines and airports’ environmental performance; and ensure that the industry manages security risks effectively.
For more details or to apply please visit our website.
Interview to be scheduled w/c 16 October 2017.