Website Save the Children
Child Poverty Communications Advisor, Save the Children
Division: Global Programmes
Department: Programme Policy & Quality. Team: Child Poverty Global Initiative
Location: Farringdon, London
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract. Full-time
Salary: £27,500 – 32,500
Contract Duration:12 months (Maternity Cover)
Closing Date: 18 February 2018.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Child Poverty Communications Advisor on a 12 month maternity cover. You will play a key role in the Child Poverty Global Theme core team, leading on all aspects of internal and external communications for the Child Poverty Thematic Area.
Our Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Child Poverty Communications Advisor you will play a critical role in ensuring that we develop clear and effective internal and external communications tools in order to increase the impact of our child poverty work for children across the whole organisation.
You will also update and manage the implementation the Child Poverty communications plan to communicate the purpose, goals and achievements of the Child Poverty Thematic Area to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
In addition you will:
- Support the advocacy work of the Global Coalition to End Child Poverty to maximise the impact of our interventions in selected external advocacy opportunities
- Produce high-quality communication materials that can be adapted for use by different stakeholders to support their communications, fund-raising and advocacy activities
- Manage contracted writers, editors, publishers and printers to ensure timely delivery of high quality and accurate communications materials
- Support the Child Poverty Thematic Area Global Programme Manager in the development of a knowledge management strategy for child poverty to share best practice and ideas from our child poverty programmes
- Co-Chair the Coalition’s Communications Network to collaborate on global child poverty moments for the Coalition.
To be successful you will be educated to degree level ideally in communications or international development related fields or have equivalent work experience.
A communications specialist with experience of working in complex organisations, you will the ability to produce attractive, concise and accurate policy briefs for an international audience. In addition you will have:
- The ability to think strategically and to use communication tools creatively to achieve agreed objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with proven experience of relationship management and ability to engage stakeholders within a matrix structure
- Fluency in all major IT and communications programs
- Ability to produce attractive, concise and accurate policy briefs for an international audience
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, identify challenges and find solutions.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Save the Children UK is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment. To see our full statement please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/our-policies/diversity/
Save the Children UK has a comprehensive benefits package. To see our full offer please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/what-we-offer/