Transformation Communications Lead, CIPD
Location – Wimbledon, South West London
Type: 12 month contract
Closing date: 7 July 2017
Hours – 35 hours per week
Salary – Circa £50,000
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives.
We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
The CIPD are seeking a Transformations Communications Lead to create and implement internal communication and engagement strategies with the aim to enable successful delivery of the CIPD’s transformation programme – Future Fit.
Working across the business to lead a series of internal communication and engagement activities, you will excite and inspire our people through compelling campaigns and human stories about how our transformation in the next five-years will benefit people’s working lives inside and outside the organisation.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic communicator and storyteller with a passion for championing better work and working lives to join the CIPD.
- Develop and implement innovative, creative and engaging approaches to communicating the transformation, in partnership with the Brand and Communications team
- Package the CIPD strategy and transformation in ways that are digestible and understandable for different audiences
- Create a sense of urgency and excitement for the transformation through communications and engagement activities, setting the rhythm of activities (format, frequency and focus)
- Work collaboratively with the Transformation Team to provide communications and engagement advice and support
- Identify and build new sustainable internal communications channels, and maintain existing channels (e.g. intranet, sounding board, leadership updates)
- Engage and connect with employees to get their insights on the effectiveness of communications, for example through the employee survey and Sounding Board
- Ensure that regular ‘business as usual’ communications are clear and consistent
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of internal communication messages, channels and engagement activities, and risks, acting on findings to adapt activity
- Build a network of internal communication
- Support business leaders and line managers to translate key messages to local teams, helping to build personal and team change readiness
- Advise and influence the Senior Leadership team on their internal communications activity and personal brand to increase levels of trust, engagement and sense of community across the organisation
- Contribute to priority projects by leading on developing and delivering internal stakeholder engagement plans, including preparing briefings and presenting updates
- Lead ‘the CIPD way’ and role model the future culture of the business, its values and behaviours, championing the transformation
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Passion for the CIPD purpose and vision
- Previous experience of leading internal communications and engagement during periods of transformational change with significant people, process and systems change
- Knowledge and experience of internal communications strategies, tools, and storytelling techniques
- Experience of communicating complex topics engagingly to a variety of audiences and platforms
- Ability to translate strategies and concepts to easily digestible communications
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of implementing innovative internal engagement approaches, including the use of storytelling techniques
- Experience of managing project work
- Critical thinking to assess the situation and recommend the right strategy and action plan to address
- Resilient, tenacious, and comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships, listen and manage challenging situations with diplomacy
- Ability to create compelling digital visuals representing key messages (desirable)
- Ability to apply design-led thinking to internal communications (desirable)
- Understanding of professional body sector, future of work and HR profession (desirable)
- Knowledge of organisational behaviour / individual psychology (desirable)
- Coaching capability and excellent listening skills (desirable)
Please submit your CV and cover letter as part of your application and note that this vacancy closes on Friday 7 July 2017.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Download the job description.
CIPD valuing everyone as an individual
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.