House of Commons Library
Communications Manager, House of Commons Library
Salary: £30,150 per annum
Salary Band: B2
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time, 36 hours per week
Closing date: 11/02/2018 at 23:59.
The House of Commons Library is an independent research and information service. We give politically impartial briefing to MPs of all parties and their staff on a wide range of policy issues and legislation.
We publish our research briefings online, and run a confidential enquiry service for MPs and their staff. Our published research is always impartial, always factual, and helps to support a well-informed democracy. As well as research services, we support the work of MPs and their staff by providing access to parliamentary information and other resources.
As the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing key internal and external communications channels to promote the Library and its research, and to inform and engage our staff and other audiences.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
– Excellent communications and presentation skills – written and verbal including writing press releases, statements or other briefing materials. Proven ability to tailor communications to diverse audiences.
– Ability to draft research-based communications for a non-specialist audience.
– Demonstrable experience of working with journalists, good news sense, awareness of reputational risk and evaluating insight-driven media campaigns that meet objectives.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description – Communications Manager, Research and Information