Communications Manager, PepsiCo
This role comes with a salary of c.£57,000 – £63,000 (depending on experience), bonus, car allowance, and other benefits.
Here at PepsiCo we’re looking for a Communications Manager to provide governance to our European and Sub-Saharan African (ESSA) markets and be the central point of contact for regional brand communications teams.
Based in our London offices, you’ll ensure a consistent approach across markets for our global brands and be the central lead on key common issues and emerging issue for ESSA products, ingredients, and consumer services issues.
You will also provide support to communications projects and activities in ESSA, both brand and corporate, such as UEFA, and PepsiCo Narrative.
1. Lead partner to brand marketing function across ESSA portfolio:
- Advise and provide governance to all brand campaigns and drive alignment with corporate commitments and values;
- Lead on response to brand related media enquiries, coordinating across markets and with the category teams;
- Proactively promote brand news to corporate and consumer audiences.
2. Lead the implementation of responsible marketing commitments in ESSA and provide ongoing governance:
- Ensure adherence to Sector and Global commitments by Marketing colleagues through training, support during inductions and advice on all brand campaigns;
- Monitor developments externally, represent PepsiCo at trade association meetings and advise on appropriate responses to external risks;
- Provide incident management support for local teams across snacks, beverages and nutrition.
3. Support ESSA External Communications Projects and Activities:
- Work with, and proactively lead External Comms colleagues across all ESSA Bus.
- Drive PwP story telling through focus on our brands.
4. Support the broader Corporate Affairs agenda:
- Work in cross-functional and cross-market teams to contribute to the function’s achievements and develop further the ESSA PPGA and Comms function.
The role requires a communications professional who can demonstrate experience of influencing a wide range of media and stakeholder audiences. They will play an essential part in shaping how ESSA Categories are perceived by key stakeholders, including consumers, employees, customers, media, NGOs and political audiences. An understanding of communicating brand messages to a variety of consumer and corporate stakeholder audiences is a key.
Given the challenging consumer context, media and regulatory environment this role requires deep functional experience coupled with strong leadership, influencing and collaboration skills to work with the internal stakeholder group.
- Excellent writer with extensive experience in writing key communications materials (press releases, media statements, briefings, Q&As, messaging documents).
- Extensive media experience, preferably gained in the UK, demonstrating a clear understanding of the dynamics of the media landscape
- Deep understanding of the editorial stances of various media and their agendas and campaigns
- Avid consumer of news who can demonstrate understanding of Western Europe and global current affairs
- Experienced, successful team player able to work independently to achieve team objectives.
- Front-line press office experience – ideally within FMCG/consumer goods
- Understanding of PR agency management, either through managing an agency in an in-house role or working within a communications agency, including campaign success metrics.
- Highly effective multi-tasker with strong time management skills and an ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and under pressure.
- Understanding and enthusiasm for digital communications with experience in managing social media content via channels such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and website.
- Ability to work, network, communicate and motivate effectively at all levels within the organisation,
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
Job Ref: 130501BR