Director of Internal Communications, Burberry
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Director for Internal Communications has global responsibility for Internal and Partner Communications to all employees.
In partnership with the VP for Corporate Relations, develop, implement and oversee all global, corporate and regional Internal Communications programmes.
- Create an annual global internal communications strategy and programme and regularly measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy against agreed objectives.
- Plan, organise and take the lead on the delivery of excellent internal communications, ensuring messages are simple, consistent, content is appropriate and that the methods used are inclusive, responsive and facilitate feedback.
- Identify, research, write and publish content for internal audiences.
- Encourage best practice for internal communications, ensuring clarity of processes, reporting and ownership
Review new and existing internal communications channels and tools, and develop a ‘Communications Toolkit’ ensuring a balanced offering across digital and face-to-face, supporting the business to effectively cascade messaging.
- Lead the re-launch of Burberry World to support improved connectivity and enhanced ways of working.
- Consider all internal audiences, helping them to engage in global channels and stories, and adapting communications approach as necessary (Office teams, Retail, Internal Manufacturing, Distribution, Partners).
- Help embed Company strategic priorities and Next Generation goals, ensuring a clear internal understanding
Partner with the TMO to determine key successes and challenges as part of Next Generation, and feed into global internal communications channels
As one of the underpinning streams of Retail Excellence, help further develop internal retail mindset through effective internal communications
Continue to evolve Retail Communications to support ways of working in store, and ensure messages are effectively communicated to the customer
Lead the internal communication of crisis and change projects such as Artisan, Giralda and Primrose
Support the ‘One Supply Chain’ vision by building and helping to deliver a communications strategy across internal and partner audiences
Supervise, support and manage the internal communications team
- Significant experience in a senior global internal communications role
- Significant experience leading an internal communications team
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and remain focus.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.