Employee Engagement Coordinator, The Body Shop
Location: East Croydon
The Body Shop International is recruiting an Employee Engagement Coordinator to work within our internal comms team based in East Croydon.
Why work for The Body Shop?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
The role in a nutshell
As the Employee Engagement Specialist you will be responsible for contributing to and delivering The Body Shop’s Employee Engagement strategy across the business to maximise levels of employee engagement. You will support a range of activities, including the management of the annual employee engagement survey and other surveys/focus groups according to business need
A day in the life of
- Plan and manage The Body Shop’s annual employee engagement survey from design through to the analysis of results and drive action planning across the business
- Monitor and measure opinions from employees, through regular surveys and focus groups
- Contribute to the development of the EE strategy to support The Body Shops vision and business strategy
- Project manage the successful delivery of a range of employee engagement activities and campaigns throughout the years across our business globally
- Undertake research into best practice and maintain a sound working knowledge of EE, and be recognised as a credible expert EE advisor
- Provide consultancy and advice to key stakeholders and their teams, to deliver innovative and engaging activities to support their projects
What you’ll need
- Proven track record of developing, managing and creating EE strategy, through to fruition and measurement
- Customer centric and values-based working environments (advantageous)
- Experience of working in a communications or relevant HR environment, ideally at a strategic level
- Experience of undertaking research and data analysis – ability to interpret and identify trends/gaps in surveys
- Applies creative thinking, is able to see the big picture and think outside the box to deliver innovative but relevant and practical solutions
- Qualified to degree level education or over 3 years experience in a similar role
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a live living wall in the reception area.
Want to join The Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development.
Here at The Body Shop House we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!