Head of Communications and Engagement, Mothercare
Location: Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, WD246SH
Closing date: 13 January 2018
Accountable for driving colleague engagement globally and thus making Mothercare a great place to work.
- Develop and deliver a global internal communications and engagement strategyWork collaboratively with HRBPs to anticipate and meet future business needs
- Proactively design and develop strategic frameworks, tools & solutions that drive employee engagement globally
- Serve as a change agent
- Align policies and common frameworks and tools across the group globally as appropriate
- Serve all Business Units/Functions globally and work on prioritised basis as agreed across HR in line with business needs.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Leadership Team on the development and delivery of the HR Strategy.
- Develop and deliver a global internal communications and engagement strategy to drive colleague
engagement and thus help Mothercare become a great place to work
- With a thorough understanding of Mothercare’s business strategy and brand positioning, support the definition the company’s employee value proposition to support the delivery of Mothercare as an employer of choice.
- Collaborate with other members of HR Leadership Team and HRBPs to deliver integrated and comprehensive tools, frameworks & services that meet business needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Talent and Brand and Marketing Director to embed the employer brand into communications and engagement activity across Mothercare.
- Accountable for the development, management and measurement of effective communication channels across Mothercare ensuring the focus is maintained on enabling two-way communication with our people.
- Lead the development of an effective suite of channels that enable targeted, timely and engaging communication with colleagues ensuring ease of access to communications, clarity and consistency of messages.
- Evaluate deliverables and performance of the communications and engagement programme to ensure a constant cycle of learning and development.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with the senior leadership team to develop theirs, and their
- teams’, capability and understanding of the role of leaders in communication and engagement.
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders to ensure best practice and best results in communications and engagement.
- Work with senior leaders and HR Business Partners to embed communication and engagement responsibilities within the roles of leaders and line managers.
- Responsible for developing the standards of communications across the organisation.
- Have oversight of internal communications activities.
- Conduct regular reviews of the internal communications messages, methodologies, processes and tools to report on their effectiveness and, where appropriate, inform a continuous improvement cycle for the function.
- Develop, deliver and review, as necessary, policies and procedures for the delivery of internal communications.
- Work with the Senior Press Officer to manage reputational matters as required.
- Work with the Group HR Director to determine the shape, structure and content of the employee
engagement survey to ensure it meets business needs.
- Accountable for the design and delivery of the annual engagement survey working with suppliers to deliver the survey.
- Work with HR Business Partners to ensure that there is ownership of the development and delivery of action plans to address issues arising from the employee engagement survey.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to support the operation of the Employee Consultative Forum to ensure it supports employee engagement.
- Change Management
- Lead, manage and deliver the communications and engagement aspects of all change programmes globally within Mothercare
- Design, implement and monitor those colleague communication and engagement plans, to drive colleague understanding of, and buy in to, the change agenda
- Work with HRBPs to ensure entrenchment/embedding of specific changes using appropriate communication interventions, processes and tools.
- Cost Management & Reporting
- Determine, agree and manage any operational budget for internal communications and engagement.
- Ensure that the employee engagement survey is within budget.
- Ensure that meaningful data is available from the employee
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people.
Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.