Website National Trust
Internal Communications Manager, National Trust
Location: National Trust Place, Heelis, Swindon, SN2 2NA.
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
Salary: £30,507 pa
Hours: 37.5 per week
Interview Date: 6 and 9 April 2018
Four positions available.
As an Internal Communications Manager you will have a fantastic opportunity to shape the way we communicate with the thousands of staff and volunteers who do so much to look after the beautiful places and spaces.
If you’re creative, full of energy and have a love of all things internal communications and engagement and like to test and learn, then please read on.
This is a hands on, multi-tasking and high energy role to create engaging and compelling content. Supporting the Internal Communications Business Partner, this role is accountable for the successful implementation and roll-out of internal communications plans, including drafting and designing communications, identifying audiences and maximising internal communication channels and infrastructure.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is primarily based in Heelis, Swindon but this role covers all locations so there is often the option to work from any of our beautiful places as required.
What it’s like to work here
Our award winning central Internal Communications team is still in its infancy, but we see huge potential to increase the impact and value that brilliant internal communications can have across our wonderful organisation.
The National Trust is an internal communications dream, with infinite stories to tell and an incredible variety of staff and volunteers in roles that are unique to us.
Over the last couple of years we’ve only started to scratch at the surface of what is possible. Whether you have a passion for heritage, the outdoors, culture, nature or you just want to work for a brilliant cause with some of the greatest people, this is a wonderful place to work.
The Head of Internal Communications is committed to developing our internal communications talent, so you’ll have opportunities to grow in your role and as an Internal Communications professional.
What you’ll be doing
You will support a Business Partner in a designated area of the Trust, working with them to define their internal communications objectives and key messages, implementing and measuring internal communications plans and engaging our people in ongoing conversation about important issues.
You’ll need to multi-task and manage multiple projects as no day is ever the same at the Trust and you’ll have a number of clients to support.
You’ll be out and about, meeting staff and volunteers to gather internal stories that bring our strategy to life, helping to share best practice across the Trust.
You will be great at building relationships, with the ability to advise your clients, offering advice on all internal communications issues, from crisis communications to strategic plan messaging.
Using both current and innovative approaches, you’ll provide tactical and strategic internal communications to support and engage our people with our projects, and ensure that messages are delivered in the most effective way to the people who need to hear them.
Although you’ll be part of our central internal communications team, we’re building a network of communicators across the Trust and you’ll be an important part of that.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone creative, committed to brilliant delivery, hands-on, energetic and keen to develop in Internal Communications.
We want someone with fresh ideas and who isn’t afraid of trying new things. We’re also looking for someone who has the following:
- Able to identify craft and deliver key messages, narratives and information in succinct and engaging ways.
- Able to provide critical feedback and handle sensitive issues when needed.
- Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management.
- Able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships and manage demanding and challenging clients.
- Strong technical knowledge of key communication channels and content including intranet, print, film, digital and social media.
- Full of energy and passion for delivering brilliant communications, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- High levels of creativity when working at both a strategic and tactical level.
- A team player with a collaborative approach.
The package: Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking.
The Trust appoints on merit.
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details on our website. If you are short listed, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
We will also tell you if we need you to do anything else such as a skills test, presentation or a property visit.
We only accept on-line applications. However, if you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the Recruitment Team at 0370 240 0274 (option 1) for assistance.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at the National Trust. In reaching a decision we will take account of the nature of your work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s) and the time elapsed.
Read more about National Trust: What you need to know before applying for a comms job.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.nationaltrust.org.uk/OA_HTML/a/#/vacancy-detail/62903 →