Internal Communications Business Partner – Digital Channels, Rolls-Royce
Location: London or Derby
Reference number: JR6028605
Closing date: 1 January 2018.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Internal Communications Team in London or Derby
As the Internal Communications Business Partner for Digital Channels, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering an internal communications digital channels strategy that delivers clear business benefits and inspires our people to drive engagement, innovation and a high performance culture
The relentless innovation of our products makes it imperative that we have the best workforce in the business. To ensure this, we seek to create a diverse and inclusive working environment that attracts and retains talented people, enhances flexibility and motivation, and encourages involvement in the ongoing success of our company.
We are also committed to developing our people’s skills through a range of world-class training programmes, and to encouraging a wider interest in science and engineering.
This is an exciting time to join Rolls-Royce.
- To define a global digital channels strategy for internal communications. We are looking to optimise and contribute to a step change in our approach to digital channels and tools for internal communication.
- This may include optimising our Sharepoint-based social mobile intranet, internal social media (Yammer – enterprise social network), encouraging user generated content, crowdsourcing, survey tools, mobile applications, unified communications and gamification.
- Bringing the digital channels strategy to life. You will be responsible for defining, maintaining and governing our digital channels and will be the company expert in using them, ensuring that we optimise associated resource and cost required and will take an innovative approach to maximising impact and reach.
- Responsibility for developing and managing our new collaborative, mobile responsive intranet so that it delivers clear business benefits, a great user experience and enables and inspires our people
- Project managing the introduction of any new channels. You will work with key stakeholders to define requirements and develop a strong business case for change.
- Defining a set of KPIs for our digital channels that directly supports our business strategy. To measure the effectiveness of our collaborative channels against these KPIs and regularly present these findings to the Head of Channels and Content and key senior stakeholders
- Being the company expert on collaboration techniques and technologies for internal communication. Consult, inform, coach, challenge and influence Internal Communications Business Partners, managers and employees at all levels, and across a variety of businesses, globally.
- Working with the Internal Communications Director to coach and advise senior leaders in shaping their online presence as part of our leadership visibility planning.
- Experience within a financial or corporate communications environment would be advantageous. As would having worked with companies in a high-technology industry with an international footprint.
- Proven experience in communicating change across a broad range of audiences, including office-based and shop-floor employees.
- Able to work under pressure on multiple projects and deliver a consistently high level of communication that is relevant and engaging.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of both traditional and digital channels, with a particular focus on collaborative communication.
- Proven expertise in stakeholder management and the ability to influence, coach and challenge at a senior leader level.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Knowledgeable about the business environment and how this can be used to identify the most appropriate communications strategy.
- Aptitude for social media channels.
** This role can be based in London or Derby
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
At Rolls-Royce, we focus on the future in every sense. We continually break new ground with integrated power and propulsion solutions that are technologically advanced and create better power for a changing world.
Create momentum. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.