Internal Communications Manager, Samaritans
Location: Samaritans’ Central Office, Ewell, Surrey
Closing date: 23 October 2017
Are you an experienced communications manager with outstanding copywriting and editing skills, looking for a role where you can really make a difference?
Samaritans is looking for an Internal Communications Manager with significant experience of designing and delivering communication plans, to help inform, engage and inspire more than 20,000 volunteers based at 201 branches across the UK and Republic of Ireland, and around 170 staff. Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, this role will:
- Write clear, concise and engaging copy and take editorial responsibility for a range of internal communication channels including email bulletins, newsletters and a printed magazine
- Create and deliver internal communication plans for key organisational projects and campaigns
- Provide communications support for a transformation programme that is changing how we operate right across Samaritans, from how we recruit volunteers to how we use technology
- Support the development and delivery of new internal communications channels or resources
- Line manage an Internal Communications Officer and support the development of the team.
The role is based at Samaritans’ Central Office, a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey, which is around 30 minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon.
We offer a competitive range of benefits including 25 days’ holiday, wellbeing days, free parking, pension, health cash plan and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please note, some out of hours working and travel may be required.
To apply, please visit www.samaritans.org/jobs where you will find the full job description and application form.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 23 October.
Interviews will be on Monday 30 October.