Internal Comms Senior Manager role PwC
Contract: nine months, maternity cover.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a full time senior manager to join our award-winning Internal Communications team.
You’ll be a motivated leader who is comfortable working across multiple projects while maintaining day-to-day oversight of internal content and channels. You will have an eye for a story, excellent editorial capabilities and a keen interest in comms trends and technology.
You’ll be a natural problem-solver, be able to understand and interpret complex business issues and enjoy working with lots of people to deliver effective comms to deadline.
About the team
Internal Communications is part of our Corporate Affairs team, which reports directly to our Executive Board. We’ve won multiple awards, value innovation and work together to deliver excellent results for our stakeholders.
About the role
We’re currently recruiting an experienced senior internal communications manager to lead a small content and channels team within the UK. You will work closely with other senior managers and the director of corporate affairs to be effective in this role.
Candidate will be based in London and contribute to our UK-wide communications activities.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, articulate self-starter who is also a collaborative team player. They’ll demonstrate outstanding writing skills, a nose for news, sound judgment and the ability to create and maintain great stakeholder relationships. They will also be able to advise on comms technologies and trends and lead projects to keep our internal communications team on the cutting edge.
The role requires a flexible approach and will involve leading a small editorial team in overseeing the firm’s internal channels and delivering content for a broad range of business areas, topics and audiences.
- Lead a cycle of editorial responsibility, managing the delivery of our daily firmwide news.
- Oversee the flow of content for our internal online news service – from sourcing to publication.
- Be the team’s expert on our channels and house style.
- Ensure the team is planning editorial content effectively to meet our strategic goals.
- Manage, motivate and coach three internal comms managers.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to drive positive, innovative and impactful communications activity and enhance the firm’s reputation as the UK’s leading professional services firm.
- Work closely with IT and third party suppliers to maintain and improve our bespoke online IC channel and traffic control system.
- Collaborate with Corporate Affairs colleagues on wider campaigns in support of the firm’s strategic priorities, and work closely with colleagues to share experience and best practice and excellence in market-leading communications.
- Build and maintain a solid understanding of the priorities of the firm and its business lines.
Essential skills and experience
- Wide-ranging internal communications experience, including with C-suite stakeholders.
- Experience using email marketing software and content management systems.
- Delivery and implementing channel and content strategies.
- Proven ability in using digital channels as effective communications tools.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills, and proven ability to plan, manage and deliver projects.
- A strong problem-solver and able to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience of large scale change comms strategy would be an advantage.
- Comfortable managing and leading people.
- A strong understanding of business and current affairs.
- Show a real understanding of the economic, political and business drivers impacting the UK and professional services in particular.
- Bring creativity, ideas and experience to a high-performing communications team.
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity