Internal Communication Manager, Pearson
Location: 80 Strand, London
Closing date: 30 October 2017
The role will be a part of the Employee Communications team in Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing, working to ensure understanding and awareness of the Human Resources activity for our wider employee population around the world, as well as support for UK-related communications support.
- Communicating HR activity Partner with HR Centers of Expertise program teams to plan and deliver effective communications to strict deadlines, across multiple channels.
- Deliver on UK-related HR communications (Benefits, gender pay reporting)
- Provide counsel on communications activity, editing, and shaping content created by HR subject matter experts to create materials that resonate for a general employee audience (e.g. line managers, all employees), as well as for an HR audience
- Supporting Core Markets employee communications
- Creating and delivering communication plans for large complex projects and activities.
- Ensuring that employee communications for the UK & Core Markets are clear, engaging and consistent.
- Communication Production and Delivery
- Produce and deliver high-quality communications for employees across multiple channels and formats
- Manage design where appropriate to create high-quality content that reflects brand guidelines
- Effectively use, analyze and enhance employee communication channels and tools, implementing new and innovative approaches to extend reach and impact
- Support the Chief Human Resources Officer in the UK to deliver timely and compelling engagement opportunities with employees, such as “unplugged” events, blogs, video postings, digital communications, and in-person events.
- Intranet & Global Campaigns
- Ensure that communication plans for HR and Core/UK are included in the broader Employee Communications’ editorial calendar, and that materials produced are reflective of the overarching Pearson strategy and narrative, consistent in tone and language, on-brand and high quality
- Manage the strategy for the HR and Core/UK’s intranet spaces for the wider Pearson employee community, providing consistent, high-quality, engaging information and a forum for open discussion
- Create and execute on special programs and campaigns, which are designed to inform, engage, and inspire employees.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent skills/experience) in Human Resources, Communications, or Marketing preferred with 3 years of experience in similar role
- Experience in Human Resources helpful, but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent digital skills including high proficiency in powerpoint, the Google suite of tools. Adobe photo and video editing experience preferred.
- Experience using social media platforms and enterprise social network (e.g. Jive Software, Sharepoint) would be advantage.
- Ability to distill information into a concise, simple message to share through a variety of communication channels
- Works independently, as well as a member of a high-profile, high-stakes team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions
- Curious and creative thinker and problem solver with a good sense of humor and the ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A high level of personal integrity and ability to handle confidential matters
- Passionate about helping people make progress in their lives through learning
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.