Website John Lewis
Internal Communications & Engagement Manager – IT, John Lewis
Location: Victoria, London
Closing date: 28 October 2017.
Salary: £44,900 – £58,000.
Grade: Partnership Level 6.
This role is at Partnership Level 6 and includes entitlement to the following additional benefits: Invitation to join the AXA Private Medical Insurance scheme. 5 weeks holiday.
Fixed Term – 9 Months.
35 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Communication & Engagement Manager for our team based at our John Lewis Head Office at 171 Victoria Street on a 9 fixed term contract (flexibility to visit other Partnership locations may be required on occasion).
It will be your responsibility to drive and deliver communication initiatives which engage IT stakeholders at every level whilst supporting the achievement of the IT strategy.
This role will suit someone with passion and energy for delivering effective communication. You’ll need to have a good eye for both written and visual style and pay careful attention to detail. The successful candidate needs to be highly organised, empathetic (with a can-do attitude) and have the ability to work creatively whilst also delivering to a plan.
There is currently a project in place to create an aligned and consistent approach to Internal Communications across Partnership IT. This work is being led by Group Communications and the successful candidate will need to work collaboratively on this project with the Senior Group Communications Partner leading this work.
Ultimately we are aiming to identify the most effective way of working in support of the IT senior leadership team and the communications they need to send on the main themes of strategy, business as usual and change.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications:
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience/skills:
- Experience of shaping and sharing effective communications with a track record of originating new ideas and imaginative solutions.
- Self starter with the ability to hit the ground running from day one.
- Excellent stakeholder management – you will be working with senior stakeholders and managing / prioritising demands from multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of operating in fast paced and changing environments.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts quickly and translate them into simple communications and plans.
- You will be a hands on solution driven/focussed individual.
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications:
Although not essential, the following skills/experience will be advantageous:
– Experience, working with others and delivering messages within a corporate context
– Experience of working with senior stakeholder groups
– Knowledge of business and communication trends, including opportunities presented by social medial and new technologies
*Internally this role is know as ITL5 Communication and Engagement Manager.