Website Save the Children
Internal Communications Executive, Save the Children
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Full / Part Time: Full-time
Closing Date: 27 March 2018
Hours Per Week: 35 Hours.
We are looking for a keen communications professional to join us as Internal Communications Executive, working closely with the Head of Internal Communications to deliver our ambitious internal communications and engagement strategy and priorities across the whole of Save the Children UK.
Working in more than 120 countries, Save the Children does whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children.
Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential. The Internal Communications Executive is part of our small but mighty Internal Communications team, which sits within the Chief Executive’s Office at the heart of the organisation and works across all divisions.
As Internal Communications Executive you will play a valuable role in helping to build an internal working culture that motivates and enables all Save the Children UK staff to do their jobs and deliver impact for children. In particular, you will innovate, develop and manage our key internal communications channels and play a key role in articulating and promoting the Save the Children brand and values internally.
In addition, you will:
- Produce the weekly all staff Bulletin – our flagship internal communications offer
- Develop and manage the intranet, ensuring it is an engaging and useful tool for the organisation
- Support and train our network of intranet Divisional Content Owners
- Run the monthly All Staff Meetings, including livestreaming and audio visual management
- Work with colleagues across all the divisions to advise and support them in their internal communications
- Measure user activity across all our channels and produce a monthly staff engagement dashboard
- Manage the promotion of internal communications-managed staff events and talks
- Act as first point of contact for the Internal Communications team and manage incoming enquiries and requests
To be successful you will be have at least one year’s experience working in communications in a fast paced and complex organisation and a real flair for – and interest in – the field of internal communications and employee engagement. Creative, innovative and motivated, you will have a solid understanding of the impact internal communications can have on overall organisational effectiveness.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience of online channels management – ideally including Sharepoint
- Excellent editorial skills, attention to detail and the ability to craft key messages and punchy communications
- The confidence to build good working relationships with senior colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An understanding of and passion for the work Save the Children does in the UK and around the work
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Save the Children UK is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment. To see our full statement please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/our-policies/diversity/
Save the Children UK has a comprehensive benefits package. To see our full offer please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/what-we-offer/