Internal Communications Manager, Tax Pensions and Legal, Professional Services
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Closing date: 20 February 2018
Salary: approx. £45k +benefits
Contract: Full time, with option for flexible working.
Would this be enough to get you out of bed on a cold winter’s morning?
Our client is a leader in Financial and Business Services Consulting. This newly-created role will focus on leading internal communications for the Tax, Pensions and Legal division of our client. In this role, you’ll be the communications business partner for the groups within this division, working with senior client-facing leaders to help plan and deliver communications.
As a manager, you’ll also play a wider role within the UK Internal Communications team, coaching less experienced colleagues and contributing to team initiatives.
The successful role-holder will be someone who has both the gravitas to deal effectively with senior leaders and the ability to deliver creative communications in a fast-moving environment. We’re looking for someone who is able to quickly build rapport with stakeholders and can exercise sound judgment in their dealings with them. Resilient and flexible, the role-holder will be comfortable with complexity and ideally, used to working within a matrixed organisation.
The candidate should also be an experienced internal communications manager, rather than someone who is ‘stepping up’ to this level.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Be accountable for developing and delivering a consistent communications approach across Tax, Pensions & Legal, within the broader context of the internal communications strategy
- Leading on communications planning for Tax, Pensions and Legal, ensuring that leaders are engaging people in a way that is consistent with the firm’s overall operating model
- Tailoring strategic messaging, drafting and designing communications, segmenting audiences and measuring success, within the context of an overall communications framework
- Working with colleagues in the broader Internal Communications team to align messages across the board and contributing to the wider forward-planning process of the team
- Bringing innovative and creative thinking to the table, working with designated leaders to introduce fresh approaches to delivering internal communications
- Working with senior leaders and their teams to help them improve dialogue and face-to-face communication on an ongoing basis
- Coaching more junior team members, while also working collaboratively with peers both within and without the Internal Communications team.
- Proactive ability to plan ahead with a demonstrable track record of developing and delivering communication programs in a fast-moving environment
- Credible in stakeholder management, relationship-building and ability to manage senior stakeholders as clients, without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Strong sense of how to add true value as a communications professional, making a solid contribution to the success of the business
- Able to deal well with ambiguity, working adeptly with leaders to effectively articulate messages that may be sensitive, unclear or still evolving
- A sound understanding of professional services; experience within a comparable environment would be advantageous
- The ability to influence stakeholders about the value of good internal communication and act as an ambassador for Internal Communications/ Corporate Affairs
- A strong team player, who is used to working collaboratively and at pace
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High-quality written and verbal communication skills, in fluent English.
Our Client is one of the ‘big four’ professional services firms. These firms lead the world in audit, tax advice and advising on finance and business issues. It has some 15,000 employees and over 600 partners in 23 offices across the UK.
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com