Internal Communications Manager, Topps Tiles
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 DOE plus bonus of up to 25%
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Internal Communications Manager to join the team here at Head Office. This role is permanent but we will also consider interim candidates.
To lead the development and delivery of an effective Topps-wide internal communications approach and plan to improve all colleagues’ general engagement and their support for the Topps Tiles brand.
To support the identification and management of the business’s main charity partner(s) and to lead the delivery of an effective plan to generate continuous support for these charity partner(s) from all colleagues.
Customer / Strategy / Plan
- Working with senior leaders, lead the development and delivery of an effective Topps-wide internal communications approach and plan to improve colleagues’ general engagement and their support for the Topps Tiles brand
- To continually ensure there are effective Topps-wide internal communication channels, solutions and interventions in place and to support the delivery of interventions / solutions as required, e.g. Conferences, Roadshows, Quarterly events etc
- To ensure all Topps-wide internal communications are appropriate for the colleague audience (s) and they support the Topps Tiles goal, strategy and brand
- To ensure there is appropriate support in place for the National TEAMTalk forum
- To support the identification and management of the business’s main charity partner (s) and to lead the delivery of an effective plan to generate continuous support for these charity partner(s) from all colleagues.
- To lead, coach and develop the Internal Communications Co-ordinator to be more capable and engaged on an ongoing basis
- As a senior leader in HR, provide wider leadership across HR and other internal and external stakeholders to enhance the reputation of Topps Tiles Plc and the HR team
- To effectively manage the day to day 3rd party relationships, e.g. Macmillan; Pennies, other comms partners etc
- To be the comms lead on designated business / HR projects as required
Financial / Commercials
- To continually improve the effectiveness of all internal communications by appropriately balancing the quality and costs of internal communication channels, interventions and solutions
- To own the internal communications annual budget and meet budget expectations as required
- As a senior leader in HR, provide input and help deliver the overall HR function budget, plans and business controls
Risk / Process
- To ensure there are effective governance and controls in place regarding all Topps-wide internal communications, e.g. line manager guides; review / sign off procedures / forums etc
- To ensure all Topps-wide internal communication channels and interventions / solutions are legally compliant and align with other internal policies/ procedures and external PR & communications as required
- To lead the effective provision of all Topps-wide internal communication and charity MI & insight to help improve continually improve colleague engagement
- Annual budget of c150k
- Input into and support the management of the wider HR budget
- 1 x Internal Communications Co-ordinator
- As a senior leader in HR, provide wider leadership across the HR team and business as a whole
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in developing and delivery effective internal communication approaches and plans covering communication channels, solutions and interventions
- Excellent written communication skills – writing, editing and proof reading skills and journalistic skills to source and create engaging stories from managers and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of social media communications and mechanisms
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and influence a range of stakeholders up to and including senior leaders
- Excellent Microsoft office skills – particularly PowerPoint
- Experience of working in internal communication departments / teams in other organisations
- Recognised internal communications expert
- Strong experience of events management
- Experienced in managing 3rd party relationships
- Understanding of colleague engagement and associated theories
- Relevant Internal communications qualifications (externally recognised)
- Working in retail and multi-site organisations
- Project management experience and successfully leading projects from start to finish
- Experience of working with charities
- People management and leading teams
- Proficient in the use of Adobe InDesign.