Internal Communications Officer, Samaritans
Location: Ewell, Surrey
Closing date: 22 January 2018.
Are you a confident communicator with experience of planning and writing content for a range of channels, including intranets or websites?
Samaritans is looking for an Internal Communications Officer to help inform, engage and inspire more than 20,000 volunteers based at 201 branches across the UK and Republic of Ireland, and around 170 staff.
You will need to be a strong copywriter with an eye for detail and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Internal Communications Manager and working closely with the Digital Content Editor, this role will:
- Write clear, concise and engaging copy for a range of internal communication channels including email bulletins, newsletters and a printed magazine, and edit copy submitted by contributors
- Create and distribute newsletters using Mailchimp, and design posters using InDesign
- Work with the Brand and Design team and a creative agency to coordinate the production of the quarterly magazine and distribute it to branches
- Work with the Digital Content Editor to overhaul our intranet, reviewing and rewriting content
- Support the Events Officer to coordinate staff meetings and volunteer visits to Central Office.
The role is based at Samaritans’ Central Office, a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey, which is around 30 minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. We offer a competitive range of benefits including 25 days’ holiday, wellbeing days, free parking, pension, health cash plan and interest-free season ticket loans. Please note, some out of hours working and travel may be required.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 22 January 2018. Interviews will be on Friday 26 January 2018.