Internal Communications Officer, Tower Hamlets
Closing date: 26 November 2017
Salary: PO3 – £36,912 – £39,855.
Tower Hamlets’ Communications and Marketing Service is seeking to appoint an Internal Communications Officer on 2 year FTC/Secondment to join the Internal Communications Team.
This is one of the most exciting communication roles in local government as we continue to transform, with communications and marketing at the heart of our new approach.
We need a first class communicator to ensure our 5,000 staff members are informed, involved and can help shape the future of our service. The Internal Communications Officer role is instrumental in keeping staff engaged and aware of campaigns and initiatives across the Council.
Tower Hamlets offers the best of London in one borough, combining major economic centres including Canary Wharf and City Fringe; destinations such as the Tower of London and Brick Lane; and one the country’s most diverse and culturally rich populations.
The post holder will be expected to:
- help deliver a high quality, comprehensive internal communications service across the Council, including all of its sites.
- help deliver our internal communications strategy to ensure that employees feel informed, involved and to shape the future of the Council.
- oversee, introduce and stimulate two way and wider communications with and between staff, that can be measured and evaluated.
- create and deliver effective and measurable campaigns.
- advise senior officers and members.
- innovate and introduce new ways of working to constantly improve our offer.
You will be responsible for managing the content on our internal communication channels. This includes plasma screens, intranet, poster frames and newsletters. You will also be responsible for delivering campaigns, working with the Internal Communications Manager.
You will be expected to form excellent working relationships with relevant departments to help drive change in the organisation and to ensure all staff share our vision, are informed and have a voice. This will be supported through the post holder planning, delivering and evaluating internal campaigns.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering internal communications for an organisation
- Excellent written communication and copy writing skills
- Experience in working with staff and senior management
- Strong partnership working skills and the ability to assess complex issues
Candidates will be informed if shortlisted by Monday 4 December 2017. please note we are unable to reschedule interview date.
- Interview date: Thursday 7 December 2017
- Shortlisting date: Tuesday 28 November 2017
- Application closing date: Sunday 26 November 2017.