Manager, Internal Comms and Amazon in the Community – Maternity Cover
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
This role is a fixed term contract until the end of November 2018.
Amazon.co.uk opened its virtual doors in October 1998 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online.
Originally known as a bookseller, Amazon.co.uk has dramatically expanded its range over the years to offer everything from DVDs to MP3s, Toys to Tools, Clothing to Computers and much more.
Amazon.co.uk is seeking a highly professional, experienced communications and corporate social responsibility expert for the role of Manager, Internal Comms and Amazon in the Community.
The purpose of the role is to help manage the Amazon Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme, Amazon in the Community, and related media relations activity, as well as internal communications for corporate employees and corporate marketing communications.
This role will help to build an understanding of the significant contributions made by Amazon to our customers, communities, employees and corporate stakeholders, as well as the British economy and society as a whole.
The role requires an intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and have a track record of generating results, as well as extensive experience in project management. S/he will pay painstaking attention to important details.
Excellent writing skills are imperative for this role. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complicated issues, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express this opinion.
S/he will develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
Charismatic and a natural relationship builder, they will have an influential voice and credibility with charities and other NGOs, local councils, journalists and senior executives.
The successful candidate will be prepared to roll up his/her sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of the role’s direct remit.
Amazon in the Community
· Support delivery of the CSR vision and governance model
· Act as an advisor to the Management Team CSR Lead and wider leadership team on CSR issues and opportunities
· Manage external stakeholder engagement with NGOs and industry experts to ensure stakeholders are aware of activity and to build Amazon’s reputation as a good corporate citizen
· Deliver flagship CSR programmes and campaigns
· Create and manage the internal and external communication and stakeholder engagement plan in support of CSR programmes
· Devise and implement communications goals, strategies and tactical PR campaigns and programmes in partnership with the corporate PR team that increase awareness of our corporate citizenship and CSR work
· Effectively represent Amazon as an external spokesperson with relevant stakeholders
· Develop and deliver internal communications plans targeted at corporate head office employees to support employee engagement
· Help to create and deliver inspiring brand-led communications content and activities to an employee audience, ensuring consistency, quality and excellence in all work
· Create a clear, consistent, and engaging story for the business in a complex and rapidly changing business environment; ensure all internal communications is aligned with business objectives
· Support the on-going development of the internal brand
· Deliver a number of large-scale employee events across the year including engagement activity and all company meetings
· Liaise with the EU team to ensure consistency of company-wide communication and support smaller countries
· A minimum of seven years in an agency/in-house communications and corporate responsibility experience
· Track record of successful delivery of large scale corporate communications campaigns
· Extensive understanding of working effectively with charities, NGOs, media, industry analyst and other corporate influencers
· Proven experience of managing large projects across a different disciplines to tight timescales
· Background in navigating complex business structures
· Knowledge of the UK retail and online markets preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong strategic thinking, analytical and organisational skills, while also staying on top of tactical execution
· Excellent awareness of business environment and ability to react quickly to protect business interests
· Exhibits excellent business judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
· Expects and requires innovation of themselves and their team