workingwithmen1 Working With Men
Marketing and Communications Manager, Working With Men
Salary: circa £28,000 according to experience,
Contract: part-time up to 28 hrs a week, hours flexible. 12 months fixed term contract.
Working With Men (WWM) is a multi-award winning specialist charity supporting positive male activity, engagement and involvement. It is the first organisation of its kind on such a scale in the UK.
WWM has expertise in the challenges and solutions in working with boys and men who are socially or economically disadvantaged, marginalised or isolated.
This is an exciting time to join us as we embark on a journey to rebrand ourselves and significantly increase our media and influencer engagement. To assist on this journey we are looking for a passionate, well-rounded, experienced professional to join us in a brand new role – Marketing and Communications Manager.
No one day will be the same in this role, from managing our social media campaigns, creating collateral, engaging with journalist and reviewing our resources, this role would suit a self-motivated, creative individual with experience of marketing, communications and ideally fundraising.
You will be continuously involved in purposeful work, supporting the charity’s interventions with boys and men during transitional times in life when they are most likely to encounter challenges and therefore most likely to engage or seek help.
Our aim is to significantly reduce the number of boys and men, particularly from socially excluded or disadvantaged backgrounds, who are unable to achieve their full potential to become productive and active members of society. We do this using a range of evidence-based programmes and tools that explore issues related to masculinity and improve resilience, attainment, self-efficacy and mental health. If this ignites your passion, then please do apply.
What will you spend your time doing?
The key areas that you will be accountable for:
- Working with the Director of Marketing and Communications and external advisors, develop Marketing and Communications strategy, including stakeholder mapping
- Manage the external profile of the charity, driving forward media, social, influencer campaigns, be their first point of contact
- Building campaigns to showcase our work and impact
- Develop and maintain a deeper understanding where needed, of relevant external agencies and initiatives. As well as external environment across the organisations projects and ensure the directors and trustees take account of this knowledge in their future planning
- Keeping the organisation connected to supporters, donators and funders
- Showing and measuring success of work
- Ensure that internal communications operates effectively engaging and meeting the needs of staff and volunteers
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends, issues and developments so that the charity continues to be relevant and engaging.
Creativity and content development
- Event management as appropriate
- Manage and further develop the charity’s content on and offline including website, and social media accounts
- Create newsletters, updates, case studies, proposal and other content
- Support our fundraising efforts with campaigns and events
- Recruit and supervise volunteers and interns to drive the strategy forward.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Communications – you will need to demonstrate examples of excellent written skills, good administration generally and also be hot on social media!
Technology – you will be ahead of the curve with presentation software and other technological solutions.
Interpersonal skills – good interpersonal skills and experience of working with diverse range of complex partnerships, consortia and/ or membership arrangements are key.
Project/ event management – you have experience of managing projects and events from inception to evaluation and working under your own steam.
Creativity – you will be full of ideas, thinking outside of the box and can contribute your creative thinking into the successful development of WWM.
Mucking in – working in a small team with tight resources you will not be shy about helping out with getting things done but in return, you will get flexible working arrangements, fun and independence.
The cause – you will be passionate about our vision to support children and young people, be aware of the issues and experience of working in the sector is a bonus!
To apply, please send a completed application form outlining why your experience is perfect for us to email@example.com by Wednesday 18 July.