PR and Campaigns Officer, Twins and Multiple Births Association, Tamba
Contract: Permanent, subject to a six month probationary period.
Responsible to: Head of Communications
Hours: 37 hours (Part time or flexible working will be considered)
Location: Aldershot, Hants
Special Conditions: Travel including some evening and weekend working.
Annual leave: 28 days p.a. plus statutory bank holidays
Salary: £25,000 pa.
Closing date: 30 March 2018.
For an informal chat or for more information, please call Nikki Roberts on 01252 332344
Tamba has been in existence for more than 30 years and is the largest charity of its kind in the world. We provide support, help and give advice to 10,000s of families each year.
Our families face some unique challenges and are looking for someone who can successfully help tell their story. For instance, they face much higher risks during pregnancy and birth with an almost 50:50 chance that one or more babies will end up in neonatal care.
Our mothers face twice the likelihood of developing postnatal depression, can find themselves isolated and experience higher rates of relationship breakdown. Mothers find it harder to return to work and our families tend to have less disposable income and a considerable proportion experience real material hardship.
Tamba has just embarked on a new 5 year strategic plan so this is an exciting time to be part of the next chapter in Tamba’s ambitious growth plans.
- Developing and managing reactive statements for the charity
- Leading on proactive media campaigns for the charity
- Manage case studies that are happy to speak to the media
- Build strong relationships with the appropriate national, medical and regional media
- Develop engaging messages for key campaigns and develop a range of materials including media releases, statements, web content and blogs
- Develop social media campaigns
- Manage the development of the charity’s quarterly magazine, Multiple Matters
- Support the Head of Communications
- Monitor the news and post news stories on our website
- To be the main point of contact for journalist enquiries
- Lead on obtaining supporting content including beneficiary case studies, statistics, celebrity support and photos
- Lead on media relations activity, drafting press releases/ quotes and liaising with journalists
- Develop social media campaigns for the charity
- Develop proactive media campaigns to support our campaigning/policy objectives
- Assist with internal communications for the charity
- File media coverage
- Undertake any other duties at the discretion of the Head of Communications
- Track and report on media coverage
- Writing for different audiences/ contexts
- Working in a PR/ communications
- Dealing with journalists and politicians/ their staff
- Knowledge and understanding
- Previous experience of working in a PR or media relations role
- Working with the media
- Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels
- Awareness of the issues facing multiple birth families
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writer
- Strong administration skills
- Able to use initiative and solve problems independently
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong IT skills including using Microsoft Office, working with images and creating online content
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Flexible, team player
- Committed to working in communications
- A commitment to diversity and equality
- A clear interest in families with twins, triplets or more.