Senior Internal Communications Officer, Department for Exiting the European Union
Closing date: 18 January 2018
Salary: £37,848 – £47,639
Length of contract: Two years
The Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) is responsible for providing leadership across government to ensure we get the best deal for Britain and put in place a deep and special relationship with the EU.
DExEU roles are part of a fast paced and dynamic environment right at the heart of Whitehall, where you will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting department and support the delivery of one of the Government’s highest priorities.
We are looking for a talented, motivated, collaborative and creative communications professional to join our Internal Communications team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who wants to work in a hands-on internal communications role with regular exposure to senior leaders within DExEU. The position provides communications professionals with opportunities to develop their account management and creative skills and also provides a lot of scope to influence the strategic direction of internal communications across the department. This can range from designing new channels and working with senior leaders to develop creative content and campaigns linked to our biggest priorities.
The successful applicant will help to shape and drive forward the delivery of internal communications activity. The role, therefore, demands a candidate who is creative, highly-organised, flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities, as well as possessing strong and influencing leadership skills.
• Delivery of internal communications for the Senior Leadership Team, working collaboratively to produce high-quality, impactful internal communications plans and activity.
• Provide an exceptional level of personal service to the senior leadership team, and their Private Offices, keep them up-to-date, informed and aware of key activities in the leadership engagement space.
• Support the drafting of staff notes and announcements for the senior leadership team and work with their offices for input and sign off.
• Set clear objectives and evaluation criteria for engagement and communications and deliver ongoing improvement.
• Play a key role in ensuring the internal communications team is effective and innovative.
• Contribute to the development of DExEU’s internal communications and engagement strategy.
• Provide guidance to DExEU senior leadership team, and internal stakeholders, on the manner in which messages and key themes are communicated to ensure consistency, clarity and impact.
• Develop and implement creative communication campaigns to support key business / strategic objectives.
• Ensure key messages and activities are relevant at a departmental and individual level.
• Effectively use various communication channels as appropriate means for communicating with staff.
• Work collaboratively with the external communications, and change and engagement, teams to ensure consistent and joined up internal and external communications on key themes.
• Excellent relationship management and influencing skills with proven ability to form lasting, highly credible and effective relationships with people at a senior level.
• Ability to combine strategic thinking and tactical delivery and take a pragmatic and intelligent approach to strike the right balance between communications delivery and analysis.
• Excellent project management and organisational skills, with the ability to work at pace and under pressure to meet challenging deadlines while maintaining high performance standards and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal and communication skills: able to write effectively and for different audiences and channels; articulating ideas clearly and communicating with conviction
• Experience of increasing levels of staff engagement and working with different groups of staff, co-creating and collaborating to deliver cultural change.
• Demonstrable experience of agile delivery through innovative content creation and digital innovation, and confident in using collaboration and analytical tools.
• Knowledge of content management systems, preferably wordpress and experience of developing digital channels.
• Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative and work across boundaries.
CLOSING DATE: Noon 18 January 2018
EXPECTED SIFT DATE: WC 22 January 2018
EXPECTED INTERVIEW DATES: WC 29 January 2018
EXPECTED START DATE: As soon as possible.
|Candidate Cover sheet Opens in new window|
|Diversity Monitoring Form Opens in new window|
|DExEU application form Opens in new window|
|Job Description Opens in new window|