Senior Internal Communications Manager, Professional Services
Contract: Full time, with option for flexible working
Salary – approx. £75k +benefits
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Closing date: 20 February 2018
Advert posted via FEEL Communications.
Would this be enough to get you out of bed on a cold winter’s morning?
Our client is a leader in Financial and Business Services Consulting.
This role reports into the Head of Communications and will focus on business partnering key business areas of the firm. In this role, you’ll be working with senior leaders to help them both plan and deliver effective communication programs. As a senior manager, you will also play a leading role within the UK Internal Communications team.
You’ll need to have both the gravitas to deal effectively with senior leaders and be able to deliver creative communications in a fast-moving environment. We’re looking for a senior player who can quickly build rapport with demanding stakeholders and can exercise sound judgment in their dealings with them.
Resilient and flexible, the role-holder will be comfortable with complexity and ideally, used to working within a matrixed organisation. He or she will also have a track record of managing and coaching less experienced internal communications professionals.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Acting as communications business partner to a number of senior leaders, building trusted advisor relationships with them over time
- Leading on communications planning, ensuring that they are engaged in a way that is consistent with the firm’s overall operating model and the overall communications strategy
- Accountable for the successful implementation and rollout of these plans, including tailoring strategic messaging, drafting and designing communications, segmenting audiences and measuring success
- Working with colleagues in the broader Internal Communications team to align messages across the board and contributing to the wider forward-planning process of the team
- Bringing innovative and creative thinking to the table, working with designated leaders to introduce fresh approaches to delivering internal communications
- Working with senior leaders and their teams to help them improve dialogue and face-to-face communication within our client-facing teams
- Coaching and line-managing team members, while also working collaboratively with peers both within and without the Internal Communications team
- Proactive ability to combine strategic thinking with a demonstrable track record of developing and delivering communication programs in a fast-moving environment
- Credible in stakeholder management, relationship-building and the ability to manage senior stakeholders as clients, without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Strong sense of how to add true value as a communications professional, making a solid contribution to the success of the business
- Able to deal well with ambiguity, working adeptly with leaders to effectively articulate messages that may be sensitive, unclear or still evolving
- A sound understanding of professional services; experience within a comparable environment would be advantageous
- The ability to influence stakeholders about the value of good internal communication and act as an ambassador for Internal Communications/ Corporate Affairs
- A strong team player, who is used to working collaboratively and has solid experience as both a line manager and coach
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High quality written and verbal communication skills in fluent English
Our Client is one of the ‘big four’ professional services firms. These firms lead the world in audit, tax advice and advising on finance and business issues. It has some 15,000 employees and over 600 partners in 23 offices across the UK.
To apply, email: email@example.com