Senior Leadership Communications Manager, Professional Services
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Contract: Full time, with option for flexible working
Salary: approx. £75k +benefits
Closing date: 20 February 2018.
Our client is a leader in Financial and Business Services Consulting. Earlier this year they appointed a new CEO. The remit is to work with the senior team, to help them articulate the strategic objectives and advise on the appropriate Communications channels and content to engage employees with the Group’s strategic objectives.
This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract initially.
This important role reports into the Head of Communications and will focus on leadership communications for the UK. In the role, you’ll be leading on the delivery of key set-piece communications, within the context of a broader internal communications strategy. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for taking the lead on important change projects that impact the wider firm. As a Senior Manager, you will also play a leading role within the UK Internal Communications team.
- Be accountable for developing and delivering, in partnership with key stakeholders, a leadership communications strategy for the Executive Committee members.
- Delivering key leadership communication activities in line with this strategy, such as strategic updates, all-firm messages, video messages and major events such as the annual partner conference.
- Taking the lead on special projects, which may be of a sensitive or complex nature, working with key stakeholders and project leads to develop effective communication plans.
- Accountable for the successful implementation and rollout of these plans, including creating key messaging, drafting and designing communications, identifying audiences and measuring success.
- Working with colleagues in the broader Internal Communications team to align leadership messages across the board and taking account of the wider communications agenda while developing set-piece communications.
- Introducing innovative and creative approaches to ensuring impactful messaging for both leaders and within strategic projects.
- Acting as a communications business partner with other key leaders as required.
- Coaching and potentially managing junior team members, while also working collaboratively with peers within and without the Internal Communication team.
The successful role-holder will be someone who has both the gravitas to deal effectively with the most senior leaders of the Partnership and the ability to deliver creative communications in a fast-moving environment. We’re looking for a senior player who is able to quickly build rapport with demanding stakeholders and can exercise sound judgment in their dealings with them.
Resilient and flexible, the role-holder will be comfortable with complexity and ideally, used to working within a matrixed organisation. The candidate should also be a seasoned project manager, having worked on a series of high-level change projects or programmes. He or she should also be capable of managing and coaching members of the Internal Communications team.
- At least 7 years in internal communications and employee engagement
- Proactive ability to combine strategic thinking with a demonstrable track record of delivering leadership communications.
- Credible in stakeholder management, relationship building and ability to manage senior stakeholders clients, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Strong sense of how to add true value as a communications professional, making a solid contribution to the success of the business.
- Very strong project management skills, with the ability to self-manage, prioritising a wide number and variety of tasks to deliver overall objectives.
- A sound understanding of professional services; experience within a comparable environment be advantageous.
- The ability to influence stakeholders about the value of good internal communication and act as an ambassador for Internal Communications / Corporate Affairs.
- A strong team player, with a collaborative approach and experience as a line manager and coach.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills in fluent English
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org