How to create a brilliant workplace
How to create a brilliant workplace
How can you create a brilliant workplace? What are organisations doing to ensure they have effective internal communication?
Today I have news of an event that will examine these topics and a whole lot more, plus an offer to save you 15 per cent off ticket prices.
All Things IC is once again a proud media partner of the upcoming Strategic Internal Communications conference from PR Week.
This year is the 12th annual one-day conference from PR Week, it’s happening in London on 22 November and has a cracking line-up of speakers.
- Jim Connor, Director of Communications, Commercial Banking, Lloyds Banking Group
- Bruce Greenhalgh, Global Health and Wellbeing Clinical Lead, BT
- James Tarbit, Head of Employee Insight, HSBC
- Drew McMillan, Head of Internal Communications and Innovation, Virgin Trains
- Sarah Mullins, Head of Change Communications, Telefonica
- Gabe Winn, Former Director of External Relations and Senior Business Advisor, Britain Stronger in Europe and Former Corporate Affairs Director, Centrica
- Rebecca Heptinstall, Head of Brand and Employee Communications, Financial Times.
Topics being covered
There’s an interesting mix of speakers who will be looking at the following topics: empowering employees and putting them at the heart of your organisation, using digital and new technologies to foster employee experiences, plus adapting to a changing workplace environment.
Trust was a hot topic at yesterday’s CIPR Inside annual IC conference. PR Week’s event is looking at managing trust and authenticity through change and difficult times, we all need help with that!
Also up for discussion is how to create a more agile, digital and customer-centric culture, supporting the leadership in communicating your vision and purpose, plus managing post-Brexit uncertainty in the workplace.
Further reading: How UKTV relaunched its company purpose.
I like the fact the focus of PR Week’s event is brilliance – creating brilliant workplaces. I’m intrigued to see how people measure that and what good looks like.
I’m particularly looking forward to hearing how the FT is getting on using Facebook at Work and the measurement and analytics panel in the afternoon.
Save money on PR Week’s Strategic Internal Communications conference tickets
Here’s a look at what happened at last year’s event:
I’ll be attending on 22 November 2016 and hope to see you there.
If you’re going and would like to guest blog your thoughts, do please let me know.
Want to know what else is on? See the All Things IC Comms Calendar.
Learn about strategic internal communication
Over the past few months I’ve been running All Things IC Masterclasses to help professional communicators learn about internal communication.
Thank you to everyone who has asked for future dates. There are two spaces left on my 1 December Strategic Internal Communication Masterclass.
The 2017 dates are now live – see the Masterclasses website for full information as the site is the place to go to browse what’s on and to save your space.
- Strategic Internal Communication (for senior-level practitioners), 1 December 2016
- Internal Communication: 24 January 2017
- Writing Skills Masterclass: 22 February 2017
- Strategic Internal Communication (for senior-level practitioners), 23 March 2017
- Internal Communication, 27 April 2017.
Thank you for stopping by,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 5 October 2016. Updated 15 November 2016.
How to get a new comms job
How do you fancy working as a professional communicator at Buckingham Palace? Comms Assistant to The Royal Household is just one of the jobs on the market at the moment. Just ima...
Secret diary of a Comms Director…
“I am not an HR professional and I don’t want to be. I am a communications professional and as such I align myself with the world of PR not HR. “But I am increasi...