Are you looking for a new role?
Are you looking for a new role?
Every week I’m contacted by professional communicators who are on the hunt for a new role or who are recruiting and wondering if I’ve heard of anyone who is on the lookout.
Over the years I’ve introduced numerous people to each other, which has led to successful placements and job offers for the people involved. It’s very much an example of ‘who you know’ as much as ‘what you know,’ as personal recommendations and lack of recruiting/advertising budgets doesn’t mean there’s not an appetite to find the right person .
I set up a jobs page on my blog a few months back and this week have added some of the roles I’ve heard about.
They are all directly from the companies themselves and there are some juicy ones around at the moment.
You can view the page here, but a sample are:
- Internal Communications Manager, Harrods
- Internal Communications Business Partner, O2 (disclosure: they are a client of mine – and you’d be part of a fab team)
- HR Transformation – Change lead (you can read about the changes they’ve been going through via this article I wrote)
- Internal Comms Manager, The Institute of Cancer Research
- Internal Comms and Event Executive, TalkTalk
- Head of Internal Comms, Centrica Energy
- Global Comms Officer, Allianz
- Deputy Head of Communications, RNLI
Best of luck if you’re applying for a new role.
Subscribe to my blog
Last week I discovered gremlins had been at work in the back-end of my blog as I there was a bug. Unfortunately it meant the 344 people who had signed up to receive notifications when I publish a new article were erased from the database. Despite asking on numerous tech forums, it looks like that list can’t be recovered.
Yikes. Apologies if that includes you. I’ve now installed a new widget for you to subscribe, I never use that list for any other purpose e.g. emailing you outside of notifications or passing on to anyone else.
So if you would like to be alerted when there’s a new post to read, simply sign up by submitting your email.
What you may have missed
What have I written about recently?
- This week I blogged about the ex-HR Director at the BBC whose emails were branded “sterile and pompous” and examined how to erase pompousness from management communication.
- I also wrote about the Social Short I hosted at the CIPR last week and the meeting I had with Prof Karen Freberg and Sabrina Page.
- Sovereign Housing Association wrote a guest post to share news on how they have been using Yammer successfully.
- There a new issue of my free internal comms podcast ready for you to listen to – it’s 45 min long as it features comms pros who attended #thebigyak
Thanks as ever for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend.
P.s. If you’re online right now, CIPR Inside are hosting a chat on Twitter about employee engagement. Join in using #CIPRCHAT.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published: 18 July 2014.
A question of comms: Shan Chatoo
Discover why doodling is important to Shan Chatoo, a self-employed senior internal communicator, plus the best career advice she’s been given. Shan is the latest comms pro to...
A question of comms: Stephen Golding
Discover Stephen Golding’s alternative career choice, plus the books he thinks every communicator should read. Stephen is Communications and Engagement Lead at Diageo and wa...