What’s on this week
What’s on this week
What events are coming up over the next 10 days for communicators to attend? Here’s my weekly look at what’s on, so you can plan your time.
Every Sunday I take a look at upcoming awards, courses, conferences and events and publish ‘What’s on this week‘.
September is ethics month according to the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (@CIPR_UK). They have various events taking place for members and non-members alike to read and learn about this important topic including:
- 10am-11.30am, 17 September: The ethics of copyright
- 8.30am-10am, 21 September: Ethics in public affairs
- 10am-11.30am. 28 September: The ethical challenges of new technology.
If you’re interested in attending any of the discussions, email Public Relations and Policy Officer, Koray Camgoz: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIPR North West will also be hosting an event on the Ethics of Persuasion in Manchester on 17 September and CIPR Corporate and Financial Group will host a breakfast briefing on 25 September in the City (London), focusing on new skills and ethics for corporate communicators.
Further reading about ethics on the All Things IC blog:
The only way is ethics: How to communicate integrity – featuring Katherine Bradshaw
Comms pros “not equipped” to deal with ethical issues – featuring the Institute of Internal Communication.
What’s on for communicators:
- 8 September: Video for internal communicators, Melcrum, London
- 9 September: Social Media in the Large Enterprise event, London
- 10 September: Employee Engagement Awards and conference
- 15 September: Essential grammar course, IoIC, London
- 15 September: Engage for Change: Employee Surveys Over Promise and Under Deliver, Groucho Club, London
- 15 September: CIPR Fellows lunch, London
- 15 September: PRCA Independent Consultants: 10 Key Trends in 10 Minutes, London.
Save money on upcoming conferences:
I have three offers for readers of my blog to save you money on conference tickets.
1) Save 20 per cent off CIPR Inside annual IC conference tickets. It’s on 13 October 2015 and I’ll be speaking – Full information.
2) 10 per cent discount on Employer Brand Management Conference on 9 December using code COMM10EBM
3) Five readers can attend the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) national conference on 25 September for the £250+ VAT. This is the member price (you don’t have to be a PRCA member to go) and saves you £50. Email Matt.Cartmell@prca.org.uk. The first five readers to get in touch with Matt will be able to book at this price.
Want to know what to expect at the CIPR Inside conference? Take a look at this video:
Recent articles on All Things IC
Found this article useful? Please do share it on.
I hope you have a good week,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on All Things IC blog 6 September 2015.
Day three: What we can learn from #CommsConf
How can you ensure your organisation’s internal communication demonstrates results? That was the topic addressed by #CommsConf in London back in June this year. This is the ...
Six things I heard at PR Week’s Strategic IC conference
There are some seriously smart things happening in internal communication right now. On Tuesday I had the privilege of attending PR Week’s Strategic Internal Communications c...