What’s on this week
What’s on this week
What’s on this week? Here’s my regular Sunday look at what’s happening for comms pros to attend over the next 10 days and beyond.
There’s a lot on between now and 10 November including an infographics summit hosted by Ragan in New York, internal social media training at PR Academy and the latest advanced diploma from the Institute of Internal Communication.
I’m looking forward to speaking at the Public Sector Communications Academy, which is taking place from 10-12 November in Coventry, UK.
I’m delighted to be chairing a panel on the first day to discuss all things employee engagement related, and will be asking my special guests to share their stories and advice.
Central and local government communicators are attending the Academy to use the opportunity to refresh skills and meet each other face-to-face.
The topic of the event is Challenge and Response: The future of public service communications and it is being hosted by Alex Aiken, Executive Director for Government Communications and Cormac Smith, Chairman, LGcommunications.
To book tickets you must be working within a government department, arms-length body, Non-Departmental Public Body or from local government.
Collaborate, activate, communicate
All Things IC is proud to support Collaborate, activate, communicate on 3 November, hosted by Communicate Magazine at Instinctive Partners in London.
The afternoon session is your chance to hear about CSR projects, creative sponsorships and communicating success internally and externally.
Communicate Magazine have been running the Corporate Engagement Awards for the past five years and are now bringing together comms pros to learn from previous winners. You can book tickets online from just £100..
What’s on for comms pros:
- 3 November: Collaborate, activate, communicate, via Communicate Magazine, London
- 5 November: Advanced IoIC Diploma starts
- 6 November: Responsive coffee, The Folly, London
- 8-10 November: PRSA International Conference, Atlanta
- 9 November: SMiLE London, Simply-Communicate, London
- 9 – 10 November: The visual communications and infographics summit, Ragan, New York
- 9 – 11 November: The role of communication in creating best places to work, Ragan, Chicago
- 10 November: Internal Social Media training, PR Academy
- 10 – 12 November: Public Sector Communications Academy, Coventry – Rachel speaking 10 November
- 10 November: Maximising the value of communication channels course, IoIC, – course by Alison Attwood
- 10 November: Right Conversation event, Comma Partners, London
- 10 November: Big data – a force for disrupting traditional business models, Engage for Change breakfast
Future events and awards
Employer Brand Management
Readers of the All Things IC blog can save 15% off the Employer Brand Management conference on December. The case you need: ATIC_EBM15. Book tickets online.
Award entry deadlines
The annual #insidestory awards from CIPR Inside are now open. The deadline to submit your entry is 20 November and you can see full info via their website.
Want to plan further ahead? See my comms calendar to take you to the end of the year and into 2016.
Know of an event that’s not on my calendar? Please comment below, get in touch or Tweet me @AllthingsIC.
Found this article useful? Please share it on.
I hope you have a good week,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 1 November 2015.
How to get a new comms job
How do you fancy working as a professional communicator at Buckingham Palace? Comms Assistant to The Royal Household is just one of the jobs on the market at the moment. Just ima...
Secret diary of a Comms Director…
“I am not an HR professional and I don’t want to be. I am a communications professional and as such I align myself with the world of PR not HR. “But I am increasi...