What’s on this week
What’s on this week
Fancy applying to be the future Chief Executive of the Institute of Internal Communication or mastering the art of copywriting?
These are just two possibilities for the upcoming ten days. Here’s my regular look at what’s going on in the world of comms, so you can plan your diaries and keep updated.
Awards, courses and events
Awards – entries are being sought for:
Corporate Engagement Awards – deadline 14 May
Digital Impact Awards – deadline 8 June
CIPR Pride Awards – deadline 10 June
Melcrum awards – deadline 12 June
CorpComms awards – deadline 17 July.
- 12-13, 19-20 May: Institute of Internal Communication, Accelerate course.
- 12 May: CIPR webinar: How to deliver engaging, diverse and inclusive comms
- 12 May: Beginner’s guide to social media for business, Guardian, London
- 13 May: Mastering the art of copywriting, (+3 June as is two-day course) CIPR
- 14 May: Advanced writing and editing for the corporate communicator, Ragan, Chicago
- 15 May: Sharepoint webcast, Ragan Comms
- 19 May: Internal Social Media training, PR Academy, London
- 19 May: Creating a PR strategy course, CIPR, London
- 19 May: SEO and writing for online audiences, CIPR, Manchester
- 19 May: Advanced writing and editing for the corporate communicator, Ragan, Denver
- 13 May: Six degrees event, PRCA, Reading
- 14 May: Making social collaboration work event. IoIC (20% off for members). London
- 15 May: Corporate reporting, human capital and the intangible asset conference, London
- 18 May: Organisational culture in charities: Culturevist meetup, London
- 18 May: Infographics bootcamp, Ragan, Oakland, CA
Latest articles on All Things IC
Find a new comms job
The All Things IC jobs page is the place to search the latest comms jobs. From comms internships to Director level, there’s a wide range of roles to choose from – about 50 at latest count.
One of the jobs closing over the next 10 days is Head of Commercial at the Institute of Internal Communication, which has the potential to be the Chief Executive of the IoIC.
See the job description for full information. The closing date is 15 May 2015.
If you are looking to recruit, you can advertise from as little as £30 per vacancy per week if you are a not-for-profit or the standard rate is just £50 per week. See the How to place your job ad page for full info.
Vacancies closing this week include roles at Thames Valley Police, SCVO, Vodafone, Barclays, The Prince’s Trust, British Red Cross and many more.
Thank you for stopping by,
First published on All Things IC 10 May 2015.
Day 10: How Asda is building an inclusive culture
Following the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT), Asda has produced a digital guide featuring colleagues sharing their experiences and advice...
Day 9: When two become one: building a single culture
What do you get when you mix an upside down lion, a beehive and a custom Minecraft game? Well a fairly lively Friday morning for one. And a view into the world of North West housin...