What’s on this week
What’s on this week
Fancy joining thousands of intranet and digital workplace professionals from around the world for a free 24-hour virtual conference?
Now you can, as this is just one of the events coming up in the next 10 days. It’s your chance to ask questions, get inspired and see live site tours by Adobe, Barclays, EY and IKEA. All from the comfort of your desk/sofa/bed – wherever you choose!
Here’s my regular look at what’s going on in the world of comms, including this conference, so you can plan your diaries from 17 to 27 May 2015, and keep updated.
Digital Workplace 24, #dw24 is happening on 20 and 21 May. This is an excellent event and worth checking out. It is 24 hours of intranet and digital workplace inspiration.
You can tune in when you want, from wherever you want and for free.
Let’s take a look at what else is on. I’m not sure why 21 May is so popular – there’s a bumper crop of courses and events to choose from!
I’m also working on something with PR Week at the moment, and will be sharing news of a special offer for readers of the All Things IC blog soon.
Awards, courses and events
- 18 May: Infographics bootcamp, Ragan, Oakland, CA
- 19 May: Internal Social Media training, PR Academy, London
- 19 May: Creating a PR strategy course, CIPR, London
- 19 May: SEO and writing for online audiences, CIPR, Manchester
- 19 May: Advanced writing and editing for the corporate communicator, Ragan, Denver
- 21 May: Google analytics for PR course, CIPR, London
- 26 May: Coaching masterclass, IoIC, with Sheila Hirst
- 18 May: Organisational culture in charities: Culturevist meetup, London
- 20-21 May Digital Workplace 24. Register here.
- 21 May: PRINZ Conference 2015, New Zealand. Website
- 21 May: Social shorts Cymru, Integrating SEO into PR campaigns, CIPR, Cardiff
- 21 May: Social Storytelling showcase, CIPR social media panel, #CIPRSM London
- 21 May: Power of storytelling event, London, IABC
- 21 May: A conversation with Andy Sibcy, Editor JEP, Jersey, CIPR
- 21 May: TMRW Conference
Latest articles on All Things IC from last week
On Thursday 14 May I launched the brand new All Things IC app. It’s available now, free, on the App Store and means you can read articles from the All Things IC blog via your iPhone or iPad, bookmark them to read offline and much more.
See my article for full information including how to get the app so you can start using it today. Thank you to everyone who has given me feedback so far. I’m thrilled to hear the comms community is enjoying using it.
I also published:
How to simplify your intranet
PR Week unveils its 30 under 30
The first specialist counselling service for comms pros
What you need to know about mental wellbeing
Employees of the revolution – how the Jamie Oliver Group marked #FoodRevolutionDay
Find a new comms job
The All Things IC jobs page is the place to search the latest comms jobs. From comms internships to Director level, there’s a wide range of roles to choose from – about 50 at latest count.
See the How to place your job ad page for full info.
Vacancies closing this week include Internal Communication Manager at ITV, Senior Communications Manager at the Ministry of Defence and many more.
Thank you for stopping by,
First published on All Things IC 17 May 2015.
Secret diary of a Comms Director…
“I am not an HR professional and I don’t want to be. I am a communications professional and as such I align myself with the world of PR not HR. “But I am increasi...
Introducing PR Bloggers – for people who blog about PR
PR Bloggers is a new Twitter account created for people in the public relations industry to share and discover PR blog posts, news and events. You can find it @PR_Bloggers. I ask...