What’s on for comms pros this week
What’s on for comms pros this week
Welcome to the 52nd edition of What’s on this week, your look at what’s happening for professional communicators over the next 10 days.
Feedback from readers shows you find this regular article useful, so I will be continuing it. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since the first one!
This week I’ve got a new video I’ve recorded to share with you, plus find out who won the CIPR Excellence awards.
As usual, it’s Sunday morning and I’m writing while chaperoning my four-year-old daughter’s piano lesson. I’m being treated to a rendition of Row, Row, Row the boat as I type.
Let’s take a look at what’s on between 12 and 22 June 2016. To plan further ahead, see my comms calendar.
What’s on this week
The CIPR PRide awards deadline is 14 June, with a late entry deadline of 21 June 2016. See the website for full info.
Congratulations to all the CIPR Excellence award winners who were honoured at the ceremony in London a couple of days ago.
You can find out more and see case studies via the Chartered Institute of Public Relations website
All the CIPR Excellence Award winners:
* Corporate and Business Communications Campaign: CYBG, Introducing the UK’s largest Challenger Bank
* Internal Communications Campaign: Northumbrian Water Group, Introducing Nature Watch
* Consumer Relations Campaign: Tin Man, Pulling Power: Giving Advanced Driving Courses Sex Appeal
* Public Sector Campaign: The NHS Sussex and Spirit, #notQUITEanemergency
* Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign: Ketchum and P&G, Actions speak louder than words
* Public Affairs Campaign: MHP Communications, Drop the Duty: a campaign to cut alcohol tax
* Not-for-Profit Campaign: WaterAid, #ifmenhadperiods
* Healthcare Campaign: Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Alder Hey in the Park: The Future of Children’s Healthcare
* Integrated Campaign: MHP Communications/Engine for NHS Blood and Transplant, Missing Type
* Global Public Relations Campaign: Teamspirit Public Relations, Henderson Global Investors – Henderson Global Dividend Index
* Issues or Crisis Management: Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Dangerous dogs
* Automotive Campaign: Taylor Herring, Fit Kwik
* Low Budget Campaign: Kelso Consulting, Black Friday website crashes
* STEM Campaign: Brands2Life, Outlining the future of government digital services for EMC
* Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign: Pitch, Betfair – Switching Saddles
* Education Communications Campaign: University of Derby, Guide to Expertise: connecting the media with academic expertise
* Best Use of Media Relations: Tin Man, Pulling Power: Giving Advanced Driving Courses Sex Appeal
* Best Use of Digital: Mischief PR and The National Trust, Creating the Nation’s Ode to the Coast
* Best Use of Social Media: University of Glasgow, Social media promotion of the discovery of Gravitational Waves
* Best External Publication: VisitScotland, Set in Scotland – A Film Fan’s Odyssey
* Best Internal Publication: beetroot, Outside In for Royal Bank of Scotland
* Best Event: Tin Man, Sweet Success: Creating a Sunday Times Bestseller
* Outstanding Young Communicator: Shaun Bell MCIPR, Stripe Communications
* Outstanding Independent Practitioner: Hilary Berg Found.Chart.PR, MCIPR, Hilary Berg Consulting
* CIPR IoD Public Relations Director of the Year: Nicola Green MCIPR, O2
* Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team: Direct Line
* Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy: Holistic
* Outstanding Mid-Sized Public Relations Consultancy: Stripe Communications
* Outstanding Large Public Relations Consultancy: Hotwire.
What’s on this week:
- 14 June: CIPR PRide awards deadline
- 15 June: Barn To Boardroom, West Sussex
- 15 June: FutureComms event, 9am-5pm, London
- 15-16 June: AMEC International Measurement Summit, London
- 16 June: Better Connected conference, IoIC, Manchester
- 16 June: Social media strategy course, CIPR, London
- 16-17 June: The PRofessionals conference, Scotland #PRFest
- 22 June: The Communications Component of Employee Engagement conference.
Recent articles from All Things IC
- All you need to know about the latest internet trends – data, stats and opinions (via Mary Meeker) to help you do your job.
Sign up to a Masterclass
They start from just £399 and have been designed by and for professional communicators to be a confidential space where you can invest in your career and learn.
- 15 September: Internal Communication Masterclass – this is booster/refresher/introductory level
- 6 October: Strategic Internal Communication Masterclass – this is for senior level communicators
- 10 November – Writing Skills Masterclass run by Helen Deverell.
Here’s the video:
I hope you have a great week,
Find this article useful? Why not share it on.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC website 12 June 2016.
Secret diary of a Comms Director…
“I am not an HR professional and I don’t want to be. I am a communications professional and as such I align myself with the world of PR not HR. “But I am increasi...
A question of comms: Shan Chatoo
Discover why doodling is important to Shan Chatoo, a self-employed senior internal communicator, plus the best career advice she’s been given. Shan is the latest comms pro to...