What’s on this week for comms pros
What’s on this week for comms pros
How can you engage people in a disengaged world?
That’s the topic of the upcoming BledCom symposium, which is just one of the events taking place for professional communicators over the next 10 days.
BledCom is the annual gathering of scholars and practitioners in public relations and related disciplines to discuss contemporary communication and management problems.
Each year the traditional international symposium BledCom attracts the world’s elite of academics and practitioners.
The conference is organised by the Centre for Marketing and Public Relations at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences, Slovenia.
Let’s see what else is on between 26 June and 6 July 2016. You can plan further ahead using my comms calendar. There won’t be a What’s on this week next Sunday, so do check out the calendar.
The Yak is back!
Have you heard? Alongside my fellow The IC Crowd co-founders Dana Leeson and Jenni Field, we’ve just announced the return of The Big Yak.
This is a free unconference for professional communicators and is happening on Saturday 17 September in London.
Following the EU referendum here in the UK this week, I’ve spotted some articles and advice to help you think through how to communicate internally while we figure out what’s going on and what will happen next.
How are you getting on?
I recorded a special one-off edition of ICology podcast with Chuck Gose @chuckgose, on the day the results were announced.
We talked about all things comms, referendums and the upcoming US election. You can hear our 20-minute-long conversation online and below:
- Brexit – 12 immediate actions for PR and Comms pros, by Stuart Bruce
- Communicating Brexit internally – by Simply-Communicate.
See my A conversation for IC pros about Brexit article for further reading, thanks to Judith Jones who collated the links on her website.
What’s on this week:
- 28 June: Communication Conference, London
- 28 June: How can you scale company culture? Culturevist, London
- 28 June Intranets and the Digital Workplace: A Ragan virtual summit
- 30 June: IABC Annual General Meeting, 6-9pm, London
- 1-2 July: 23rd International PR Research Symposium BLEDCOM 2016, Slovenia
- 1 July: The power of user generated video – free webinar, Newsweaver
- 5-7 July: LGA National Conference
- 5 July: Neuroscience for Organisational Change, Engage4Change, London.
All Things IC Masterclasses
Places are being snapped up for All Things IC Masterclasses and I’m looking forward to spending time with the professional communicators who have signed up.
These one-day courses take place in London and you’re invited.
See the Masterclasses website for full details. Upcoming courses include:
- 15 September: Internal Communication Masterclass – booster/refresher/introductory level
- 6 October: Strategic Internal Communication Masterclass – for senior level communicators
- 10 November – Writing Skills Masterclass run by Helen Deverell.
Recent articles on the All Things IC blog:
How Asda is building a diverse and inclusive culture
What my four-year-old taught me about voting today
A conversation for IC pros about Brexit
How to communicate across cultures
I hope you have a great week,
Found this article useful? Why not share it on?
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 26 June 2016.
Unveiling the mysteries of… Organisational Development
How good is your Organisational Development knowledge? When I first heard the term a decade ago, I wasn’t entirely sure what it was. At the time, I was being introduced to th...
A question of comms: Keith Lewis
How important is wifi to you? According to Keith Lewis, UK Social Business and Channels Manager for Zurich Insurance, it’s the one thing he couldn’t do his job without....