What’s on this week
What’s on this week
If you’re thinking about starting your own business or going freelance and would like to meet with other like-minded entrepreneurs, I have news of an event for you.
This Friday, 5 June, The Smart Upstart club invites you to its launch at the Institute of Directors in London.
This is just one of the opportunities coming up over the next 10 days. Read full information about The Smart Upstart club via my recent blog post.
Here’s my regular look at what’s going on in the world of comms, so you can plan your diaries from 31 May to 10 June 2015 and keep updated.
Save money on Internal Communications Europe tickets
Tickets are now on sale for PR Week’s Internal Communication Europe, which All Things IC is a media partner for.
It’s happening on 30 June and 1 July 2015 in Amsterdam.
All Things IC blog readers can save 10% off their ticket price. The code to enter when booking your ticket/s is: ATIC2123.
You can follow discussions about the event via Twitter #ICEurope
Awards, courses and events
Awards – entries are being sought for:
- 2 June: Advanced writing and editing for the corporate communicator, Ragan, Toronto
- 10 June: Connecting People: How to maximise video for maximum results, featuring Pearson, IoIC, London
- 2 June: Google for Work: Atmosphere event #atmosphere15
- 4 June: 300 seconds at the Telegraph Media Group Academy
- 4 June: Communication futures event, IABC, London
- 4 June: PR Buy Social Forum, PRCA, London
- 4 June: The Laws of Human Communication/Attraction (1), IoIC, 2-5pm, London
- 4 June: 300 Seconds, The Telegraph Media Group Academy
- 5 June: Responsive coffee, The Folly, London
- 8-9 June: The Visual Communications and Infographics Summit, Ragan, Aurora
- 9 June: Getting your organisation talking – The risk and rewards of greater dialogue with employees, AB, London
Thank you for all the feedback regarding my Why women don’t speak at conferences article.
If you’re interested in speaking at conferences, see 300 seconds, which is happening at the Telegraph Media Group Academy on 4 June 2015. You can see my speaking engagements and what I’m attending via the speaking page.
Find a new job
If you’re on the hunt for a new role, search the latest comms vacancies on my job page.
Looking to add to your team? You can from just £30 per vacancy per week for not-for-profits.
Thank you for stopping by.
Have a great week,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on All Things IC blog 31 May 2015.
How to get a new comms job
How do you fancy working as a professional communicator at Buckingham Palace? Comms Assistant to The Royal Household is just one of the jobs on the market at the moment. Just ima...
Read my Chuck Chats conversation with Chuck Gose
What’s your view on fake news, compassionate comms and working transparently? These are just some of the topics I discussed with comms ace Chuck Gose. Today he’s publ...