What’s on this week
What’s on this week
What’s coming up over the next 10 days? Here’s my regular look at what’s going on in the world of comms, so you can plan your diaries from 8 – 17 June 2015 and keep updated.
On Saturday night I co-hosted the iconic Hobson & Holtz report alongside Shel Holtz @shelholtz. The podcast, which has been running for 10 years, covers the intersection of communication and technology.
Shel and I spoke about All Things IC, the role of internal communication, the future of IC and much more. I had great fun and will let you know when it’s up. You’ll be able to find it on iTunes on Monday 8 June 2015.
My own All Things IC podcast, which is part of the FIR podcast network, will be back later this year.
Win a day of my time
There are just a few hours left to get your entry in for my contest to win a day of my time if you’re a UK-based nonprofit or charity. This is part of National Volunteers’ Week, simply add your name into the draw by 8pm UK time tonight – find out more.
It’s been a busy week on my blog as I published these seven articles:
- Save money investing in your IC career
- Seven golden rules when using Yammer
- What an award-winning IC campaign looks like
- Win a day of my time as part of Volunteers’ Week 2015
- Read the 2015 Internet Trends Report
- How to get on in communications: be nice
- The world’s most significant brands?
Thank you for all the feedback, Tweets @AllthingsIC and comments.
Awards, courses and events
Congratulations to all the CIPR Excellence Award winners who were honoured last week.
- 10 June: Connecting People: How to maximise video for maximum results, featuring Pearson, IoIC, London
- 23 and 24 June: Intranet success masterclasses
- 8-9 June: The Visual Communications and Infographics Summit, Ragan, Aurora
- 9 June: Getting your organisation talking – The risk and rewards of greater dialogue with employees, AB, London
- 14-17 June: IABC World Conference, San Francisco
- 16 June: Stories into Action, Comma Partners, London
- 17 June: Responsive Coffee, Copenhagen.
Save money on Internal Communications Europe tickets
Tickets are now on sale for PR Week’s Internal Communication Europe, which All Things IC is a media partner for.
It’s happening on 30 June and 1 July 2015 in Amsterdam.
All Things IC blog readers can save 10% off their ticket price. The code to enter when booking your ticket/s is: ATIC2123.
You can follow discussions about the event via Twitter #ICEurope
Find a new job
If you’re on the hunt for a new role, search the latest comms vacancies on my job page.
Looking to add to your team? You can from just £30 per vacancy per week for not-for-profits.
Thank you for stopping by.
Have a great week,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on All Things IC blog 7 June 2015.
Earn while you learn thanks to IoIC
Today the Institute of Internal Communication has launched a brand new Continuous Professional Development (CPD) scheme to reward communicators for their hard work. It’s wort...
Get your hard work recognised via the IoIC Awards
What are you most proud of from the past year? How has your work made a difference? If you’ve worked your socks off over the past 12 months, now is the chance to have all tha...