What’s coming up over the next 10 days? Here’s my regular look at what’s going on in the world of comms, so you can plan your diaries from 8 – 17 June 2015 and keep updated.
On Saturday night I co-hosted the iconic Hobson & Holtz report alongside Shel Holtz @shelholtz. The podcast, which has been running for 10 years, covers the intersection of communication and technology.
Shel and I spoke about All Things IC, the role of internal communication, the future of IC and much more. I had great fun and will let you know when it’s up. You’ll be able to find it on iTunes on Monday 8 June 2015.
My own All Things IC podcast, which is part of the FIR podcast network, will be back later this year.
Win a day of my time
There are just a few hours left to get your entry in for my contest to win a day of my time if you’re a UK-based nonprofit or charity. This is part of National Volunteers’ Week, simply add your name into the draw by 8pm UK time tonight – find out more.
It’s been a busy week on my blog as I published these seven articles:
- Save money investing in your IC career
- Seven golden rules when using Yammer
- What an award-winning IC campaign looks like
- Win a day of my time as part of Volunteers’ Week 2015
- Read the 2015 Internet Trends Report
- How to get on in communications: be nice
- The world’s most significant brands?
Thank you for all the feedback, Tweets @AllthingsIC and comments.
Awards, courses and events
Congratulations to all the CIPR Excellence Award winners who were honoured last week.
- 10 June: Connecting People: How to maximise video for maximum results, featuring Pearson, IoIC, London
- 23 and 24 June: Intranet success masterclasses
- 8-9 June: The Visual Communications and Infographics Summit, Ragan, Aurora
- 9 June: Getting your organisation talking – The risk and rewards of greater dialogue with employees, AB, London
- 14-17 June: IABC World Conference, San Francisco
- 16 June: Stories into Action, Comma Partners, London
- 17 June: Responsive Coffee, Copenhagen.
Save money on Internal Communications Europe tickets
Tickets are now on sale for PR Week’s Internal Communication Europe, which All Things IC is a media partner for.
It’s happening on 30 June and 1 July 2015 in Amsterdam.
All Things IC blog readers can save 10% off their ticket price. The code to enter when booking your ticket/s is: ATIC2123.
You can follow discussions about the event via Twitter #ICEurope
Find a new job
If you’re on the hunt for a new role, search the latest comms vacancies on my job page.
Looking to add to your team? You can from just £30 per vacancy per week for not-for-profits.
Thank you for stopping by.
Have a great week,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on All Things IC blog 7 June 2015.