What’s on this week
What’s on this week
The next 10 days are packed full of conferences, courses and events for comms pros. Here is my regular look at What’s on this week to help you choose how to spend your time.
It covers Sunday 14 to Wednesday 24 June 2015.
Crisis Communications Conference
Readers of my blog can save £100 off the ticket price of PR Week’s Crisis Communications Conference on 18 June. The code you need is: ALLIC2098.
On Thursday 18 June I will be attending FutureComms15 in London, it’s billed as The PR and Comms Event of the Year, and promises to be a good day.
The organisers say: The evolution of PR & Comms is picking up speed. With content marketers taking centre stage in the digital world, what place is left for PR professionals? Is PR actually dead? Do PR pros need to turn into content marketers? Or will content marketers slowly take on all PR tasks and duties? Following last year’s acclaimed event, FutureComms15’s one-day conference delves into the PR/content divide to unveil the future of PR and communications.
Recent articles on All Things IC
Since last Sunday’s What’s on This Week, the following articles have been published on the All Things IC blog:
- The winners are – news of the two nonprofit organisations who won a day of my time – National Osteoporosis Society and Once Upon a Doug.
- Listen to the state of internal communication – listen to the podcast I co-hosted with @shelholtz.
- How to structure your intranet – guest article by @Wedge ahead of the upcoming intranet courses from ClearBox Consulting.
- How assistive technology transforms lives – I feature my cousin David, a former Hollywood stunt man. The article focuses on how he has used technology to gain back his independence, following an accident on set during the Harry Potter series.
Get the show
You can listen to the podcast I mentioned above here and below:
Awards, courses and events
The deadline for the CorpComms awards is 17 July 2015.
- 16 June: Stories into Action, Comma Partners, London
- 14-17 June: IABC World Conference, San Francisco
- 17 June: Responsive Coffee, Copenhagen
- 18 June: Reputation in… conference, London
- 18 June: FutureComms15, London
- 18 June: PR Week Crisis Comms conference, London. Use this code to save £100: ALLIC2098
- 23 June: Communicator as Leader, Comment8, London
- 24 June: Internal Communications Conference, London
- 24 June: Measuring internal communication breakfast briefing, CIPR, London
- 18 June: Advanced writing and editing for the corporate communicator, Ragan, Washington
- 22 June: Advanced writing and editing for the corporate communicator, Ragan, Billings
- 23 June: An introduction to internal communication, Melcrum, London
- 23 June: Rethinking the role of employee events, IoIC, London
- 23 and 24 June: How to achieve Intranet success masterclass, Clearbox consulting, London
- 24 and 25 June: Effective writing and editing, Melcrum, London
Like what you’ve read here? Don’t forget to download the free All Things IC app to access articles like this while on the move.
If you want to receive notifications of when a new article is published, pop your email address on this page.
Find a job
There are some excellent comms roles around at the moment. Thank you to everyone who has placed a job advert recently to advertise via All Things IC.
You can see the latest vacancies via the jobs page including roles at the University of Sheffield, Barking, Havering and Redbridge NHS Trust, Northern Trust, Marie Curie and ITV.
Thank you as ever for stopping by.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on All Things IC blog 14 June 2015.
How to get a new comms job
How do you fancy working as a professional communicator at Buckingham Palace? Comms Assistant to The Royal Household is just one of the jobs on the market at the moment. Just ima...
Secret diary of a Comms Director…
“I am not an HR professional and I don’t want to be. I am a communications professional and as such I align myself with the world of PR not HR. “But I am increasi...