How do you set your intentions when planning your internal communication?
What questions do you ask yourself before you start creating content or having conversations with stakeholders and leaders?
Today I was the opening keynote speaker for the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Employee Communication Section’s annual conference, PRSA Connect.
Regular readers of my blog will know I spoke at this event in person in Phoenix, Arizona, in 2019. Given the current restrictions in place globally, they used technology to overcome the barriers, and bring Comms pros together virtually.
The topic I spoke about for 45 minutes was communicating with intention: why your mindset matters. I then answered questions from Comms professionals for 15 minutes. You had some cracking questions in there, thank you!
I recommended two of Liam FitzPatrick’s books during that session: Successful Employee Communications (which he blogged about for me), plus Internal Communication – this is the book I was struggling to remember the name of. It is Internal Communications, a manual for practitioners.
You can see some of the content of my talk below and I’ve recorded you a short video, which is on my YouTube channel.
Thank you PRSA for inviting me back, I hope the rest of the conference goes well.
Learn more about internal communication with All Things IC
If you want to learn even more about internal communication, check out my range of Online Masterclasses. They will boost your internal communication skills, knowledge and confidence.
Our Summer Saver promotion is currently running. Use the code summersaver at the checkout to remove 15% off any Online Masterclass. This offer runs until 30 September 2021 and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
See the dedicated website to access all the latest courses. They are packed with bespoke text lessons, videos, workbooks and quizzes to help you learn about the wonderful world of IC at your own pace. They are pre-recorded, which means you access the content at the time you choose.
- How to be a strategic internal communicator – NEW
- The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working – to help you prepare for different ways of working.
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role
Thank you for stopping by,
Post author: Rachel Miller.
First published on the All Things IC blog 26 August 2021.