What is it like to work internationally?
Why is translation important?
What does effective internal communication look like within a FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) environment?
The latest episode of my Candid Comms podcast is out now and focuses on these topics and many more.
It features Laura Colantuono, Internal Communications & Employer Branding Manager, International, at The Kraft Heinz Company.
I thoroughly enjoyed talking about all things internal communication related with Laura and our conversation is out now. She’s had a fascinating career path including roles at Fendi, Unilever and Harrods and is proud to say #IChoseIC.
Regular readers of my blog will know the Institute of Internal Communication (IoIC) is currently running an #IChoseIC campaign to encourage conversations about IC careers. See their website for more information.
Our discussion covers:
- Laura’s career path, including working in luxury
- What it’s like to work internationally
- The importance of translation and local considerations
- What effective communication looks like in a FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) environment
- Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) considerations
- What it’s like to join a company during a pandemic
- Reaching frontline workers
and much more.
Do let me know what you think of this episode and don’t forget to rate, review and follow, so other Comms pros can benefit too.
What is the podcast?
The Candid Comms podcast launched in January 2021. It is a weekly show designed to connect internal communication professionals to the advice and guidance, to help you thrive in your role.
The show is Produced by Debbie West of Seren Creative.
Learn more about internal communication with All Things IC
If you want to learn even more about internal communication, check out my range of Online Masterclasses. They will boost your internal communication skills, knowledge and confidence.
See the dedicated website to access all the latest courses. They are packed with bespoke text lessons, videos, workbooks and quizzes to help you learn about the wonderful world of IC at your own pace. They are pre-recorded, which means you access the content at the time you choose.
My podcast listeners can save 10% using the code candidcomms at the checkout.
- The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working – to help you prepare for different ways of working.
- How to be a strategic internal communicator – to help you take the next step in your IC career
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role.
Thank you for stopping by,
Post author: Rachel Miller.
First published on the All Things IC blog 4 July 2021.