2021 has been a struggle for many in the communications industry, with the ongoing pandemic coupled with evolving working processes and increasing demand on new knowledge and skills.
Today a brand new episode of Paul Sutton’s Digital Download podcast has been published, featuring an interview with me.
Paul and I discussed how to future-proof your career as the industry continues to evolve. You may not be able to future-proof your job, but you can focus on your career.
- the importance of combining your mindset and skillset
- the difference mentors have made to my career and confidence
- what starting a business feels like
- the importance of creating consistent content
- why personal branding matters for Comms professionals
- my reflections on the pandemic to date.
Thank you Paul for inviting me back to your podcast, I enjoyed our conversation.
You can find Digital Download via your favourite podcast player or listen via Paul’s website.
Further reading via the All Things IC blog
- How to review and plan your 2021-2022 internal comms
- What’s top of mind for Comms pros in 2022
- How to communicate the end of 2021 Online Masterclass
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration Online Masterclass.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 7 December 2021.