How do you hire internal communication professionals to your team?
Last week I shared IR35 advice via Comma Partners’ guest article, which looked at the current situation and what Comms pros need to know.
Further reading: What Comms pros need to know about IR35.
At All Things IC, we regularly advise Heads of IC and Comms Directors, to analyse their team and identify potential gaps against business objectives.
I recently published an episode of my Candid Comms podcast: How to create an effective internal communication team, where I shared some insights into how we do this.
Today I have news of a brand new resource from the Institute of Internal Communication (IoIC) in partnership with VMAGROUP. It’s been designed to guide anyone with responsibility for hiring for an internal communication role through the process.
The guide uses the IoIC profession map framework as an underpinning model as they seek to improve the standardisation of skills and build a future pipeline of great talent.
I’ve taken a look and think it’s a useful resource for IC pros.
Sections include writing a job description to hire a permanent position, creating a talent pipeline, how to recruit from within and the importance of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Find a new role
Are you looking for a new job? If so, check out the All Things IC Jobs board.
Are you adding to your team at the moment? You can place your advert via the jobs board.
Learn more about internal communication with All Things IC
See the dedicated website to access all the latest courses. They are packed with bespoke text lessons, videos, workbooks and quizzes to help you learn about the wonderful world of IC at your own pace.
They are pre-recorded, which means you access the content at the time you choose.
Our Summer promotion is still running, use the code summersaver at the checkout to save 15% until 30 September 2021. Please note this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working – to help you prepare for different ways of working.
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role
- How to be a strategic internal communicator – just launched.
Thank you for stopping by,
First published on the All Things IC website 13 September 2021.