Do you want to learn more about the world of internal communication?
Whether you’ve recently discovered IC or have been working in the field for years, there’s a training option for you.
There are three ways I can train you: in-person at the All Things IC Hub, remotely via Teams, or at your own pace via Online Masterclasses.
This article will guide you through the options, to help you choose the right one for you.
I also offer bespoke Masterclasses, which can be taught face-to-face or remotely on a topic of your choice. Recent topics I’ve written include a Measurement Masterclass, How to prepare for IPO and How to work well with stakeholders.
My brand new Online Masterclass: How to write an internal communication strategy will be available soon via the All Things IC Online Masterclasses website.
Monthly Masterclasses at the All Things IC Hub
I teach in-person Monthly Masterclasses at the All Things IC Hub in West London.
The Hub is my dedicated training space, which I opened in 2020 for Masterclasses and team days. It’s designed to be a comfortable and inspiring space for internal communicators to enjoy using.
Monthly Masterclasses are open to in-house IC pros and there’s a range of topics to choose from including Effective Internal Communication, Change Communication, Strategic Internal Communication and Comms Director Masterminds.
We work together in a small group, which gives you the opportunity to meet with peers, build your network and learn together. It’s a confidential and welcoming environment and I love working with you face-to-face to help you succeed.
Upcoming 2022 Monthly Masterclass dates include:
- 16 March: Effective Internal Communication. For new IC pros or up to three years’ experience.
- 30 March: Comms Director Mastermind. Confidential group. Four places. For senior-level Heads of IC or Directors of IC.
- 20 April: Change Communication. Come and learn about change communication theory and how to turn it into reality.
- 11 May: Strategic Internal Comms. For IC pros who want to take the next step in their IC career.
- 25 May: Effective Internal Communication. For new IC pros or up to three years’ experience.
- 15 June: Comms Director Mastermind. Confidential group. Four places. For senior-level Heads of IC or Directors of IC.
Members of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) can claim CPD points for attending my courses. Everyone will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the day, which is your attendance evidence.
Future dates will be added soon. Keep an eye on the What’s on for Comms pros page to see the latest listings.
Thank you to everyone who has already booked their team training days with me for this year. I teach in-person or offer virtual Masterclasses.
You can choose how to use our time together.
Examples of how teams have used our time together over the past few years include:
- resetting their intentions
- focusing on prioritisation
- creating their IC strategy
- discussing how they want to be as a team
- analysing what it means to be an internal communicator
- reviewing and planning their yearly internal communication
- creating a vision
- preparing for IPO (initial public offering)
- devising leadership comms plans
- planning change comms
- learning about measurement, including creating measurement reports
- deciphering upcoming change.
I can host up to eight people at the All Things IC Hub, which is easily accessible via trains from Heathrow Airport. Or I can work with you remotely via Teams, wherever you are in the world.
My colleague Caroline Cubbon King is pictured teaching with me below.
Find out more via our team training page.
Prefer to learn remotely at your own pace?
See the dedicated website to access all the latest All Things IC Online Masterclasses. They are packed with bespoke text lessons, videos, workbooks and quizzes to help you learn about the wonderful world of IC at your own pace.
They are pre-recorded, which means you access the content at the time you choose. Most courses have 12 months’ access.
- NEW: How to write an internal communication strategy
- How to review and plan your 2021 – 2022 Internal Comms – get help planning this year’s internal communication.
- The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working – to help you navigate through different ways of working.
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role.
- How to be a strategic internal communicator – to help you improve your Comms capability.
If you are a CIPR member, you can claim CPD points for completing a course, listening to an episode of my Candid Comms podcast or reading a blog post.
Thank you for stopping by, do get in touch if you have any training queries.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 9 March 2022.