The third episode of the Candid Comms podcast is out now and focuses on working successfully with leaders.
In this week’s episode I cover:
- 01:39 Busting the leadership jargon.
- 02:44 Working relationships with leaders and how you show up.
- 03:35 How do your leaders describe internal communication?
- 04:00 The role of leaders to role model behaviour.
- 06:05 How to turn insight into action.
- 07:25 How to work successfully with leaders.
- 08:45 What is a trusted adviser?
- 10:35 How to build rapport with leaders.
- 10:49 Why personal brand matters.
- 13:00 Business partnering.
- 14:30 How to have conversations with leaders.
I’ve revealed what you need to know, do and think about if you want to work successfully with leaders.
If you follow me on Instagram @rachelallthingsic you’ll know how lockdown has been impacting my recording location. You’ll also know where I’ve recorded some of the upcoming episodes. I’m pleased to say the revised studio location is working well (unless it rains!).
What is the podcast?
The Candid Comms podcast is a weekly show designed to connect internal communication professionals to the latest advice and guidance, to help you thrive in your role.
Each episode is packed with inspirational and practical internal communication advice and ideas. They are released every Monday and are approximately 20 minutes long.
- Episode two: How to transform your internal comms
- Episode one: Introducing the Candid Comms podcast.
Thank you to everyone who has tuned in to the series so far. It’s been heard by people in the UK, US, Australia, Sweden, Argentina, India, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and Brazil already.
I’m enjoying seeing professional communicators discovering the show and sharing their feedback. Thank you. Do let me know your thoughts.
Congratulations to Harriet Small and Rebecca Roberts for launching their Have you got 5 minutes podcast.
Thank you for stopping by,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 8 February 2021.