The Institute of Internal Communication (IoIC) has launched its ICon Awards 2015 and is on the hunt for talented IC professionals.
So if you are looking for external recognition or to boost the confidence of your team or people you mentor, I recommend having a look and considering entering.
You don’t need to be a member to enter the awards. It costs IoIC members £40 + VAT = £48, and non-members £60 + VAT = £72, to enter.
What’s the thinking behind them? Well, they aim to :
- promote and reward individual talent
- promote and reward IC effectiveness
- demonstrate what best practice and excellence look like.
“With increased pressure to do more with less in the workplace, it’s all the more important that good work is acknowledged and encouraged through awards and recognition,” says IoIC chief executive Steve Doswell. “Take this chance to commend a colleague – or enter yourself.
“Show us the evidence, and a panel of senior practitioners will view your work and make their judgement.”
There are eight categories:
- In-house team – corporate
- In-house team – public/not for profit
- Editor – for work in any media or format
- Writer – for work in any media or format
- Designer – for work in any media or format
- Image creator – video, photography, illustration
- Digital innovator – mobile, app, video, intranet
- Community manager – intranet, social network
The deadline for entries is Wednesday 30 September 2015 and winners will be announced at the Communicator of the Year (CoTY) lunch on Thursday November 12 in London.
Further reading: See the IoIC website for more information.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 28 July 2015.