Communications Director, Northern Europe, Facebook
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
- Deliver innovative communication campaigns that improve the reputation of the company with consumers, businesses and opinion formers
- Engage and educate editors, beat journalists, bloggers and influencers about Facebook products and services
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage spokespeople as necessary
- Work closely with external PR agencies across the region
- Work closely with cross functional partners to ensure effective collaboration and driving key strategic outcomes for the region
- Oversee and manage a budget and a small but high calibre team
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience of leading and developing a high-performing team
- Operate as a key member of the EMEA Leadership Team, contributing to the overarching strategy of the function whilst making a positive impact on executing proactive communications campaigns across the region
- Represent Facebook at a leadership level both internally and externally, communicating Facebook’s position on key communications issues.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and the ability to apply relevant knowledge from this field to communications
- Significant professional experience in communications or public relations, at a leadership level, both agency and in-house
- Fluency in English
- Ideally experience working in the technology or advertising industries or other fast paced and consumer focused businesses
- Experience working with business and opinion leaders to achieve communications goals
- Experience in managing PR agencies, contractors and project management
- Experience working in diverse cross-border teams or in an international environment
- Team player with exceptional project management and decision-making skills
- Experience in the practical application of technology.