Website Phoenix Group
Communications Consultant, Phoenix Group
Location: Wythall, South Birmingham
Closing date: Midnight 12 November 2017.
Salary: £38-40K + 10% Bonus, Pension & more
12 Months Fixed Term Contract
We look after the financial future of 6.1 million people across the UK. We take this responsibility incredibly seriously, and need our people to understand and be excited by our strategy and our vision for the future.
Your creativity and ability to communicate will play a vital part in us educating and engaging staff with our strategy, driving our use of social media and facilitating change across the business.
This unique role within Phoenix allows the freedom to work directly with all levels of stakeholders across our business (including Director), the space to make creative internal comms decisions and the chance to make your mark on our organisation through the effective/engaging delivery of our communications.
You will be a strong internal communications professional, with the technical ability to turn business lead ideas into effective, impactful communications.
You’ll be part of an energetic communications team with responsibility for the creation, ownership and delivery of effective communications plans which support the wider Phoenix engagement activity.
These are the things you’ll be involved in:
- Helping people “work out loud”, facilitating strategic dialogue and relationships between people across the full breadth of the organisation
- You’ll spend time meeting senior business leads, listening to what they need to get across (at times about quite complex/technical topics), and translating that into exciting and engaging communications
- You’ll also play a vital role in making sure employees are heard, listened to, and that everyone understands how they can play their part in achieving success for Phoenix
- The Requirements: We’re looking for a creative internal communications specialist, who has the confidence to communicate effectively at all levels.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record within an internal communications role – having produced effective internally driven content across a variety of formats. This should be backed up by a knack for writing engaging copy.
- You’ll be able to take a project from concept and ideas creation through to delivery and implementation without regular oversight.
- Ideally, you’ll be great with a computer; it would be great (but not essential) if you have worked with the Adobe Creative Suite, and have worked with SharePoint previously. You’ll also be able to create excellent work in Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work largely unsupervised, coupled with plenty of initiative and the flexibility to work over and above expectations as and when the business requires.
- The confidence and know-how to influence stakeholders at all levels and manage their expectations, whilst at the same time always being prepared to challenge the status quo.
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been Britain’s Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can’t.
Simply click Apply.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.